New Lounger
    Thanks

Can't Save (or Save As) open Word 2007 docs

IN A NUTSHELL
    I can't Save Word 2007 open docs, or rename (Save As) in the same folder or ANY folder. Here is my investigation--can anyone help? Thank you.

PROBLEM SAVING
    Suddenly I can't save my currently-opened Word 2007 documents. These are constantly-revised docs that I edit and update. So they currently hold in Binary Purgatory some scrips and scraps of revisions that I could not easily recreate.

DETAILS
    I note that in the title banner at the top of the window, It says Docname.doc [Read-Only]
    Here are my settings:
    Properties [Orb/Save As/Tools/General Options]: Read-Only Recommended box is unchecked
    Protect Document has no passwords or restrictions.
    Save Options has Auto-Recover set for every 10 minutes (I'm not willing to change this long-term.)*

PROBLEM "SAVING AS"
    I cannot even SAVE AS. Changing the file name doesn't work. Saving to another folder (incl Desktop) doesn't work--I get this message:

C:\Users\br\Desktop\Job History.doc
    You don't have permission to save this in this location.
    Contact the administrator to obtain permission.
    Would you like to save in the My Documents folder instead?

If I choose YES (save in My Documents) I get the same message.

WHAT I'VE TRIED
    I've looked in Explorer and do not see any flags or icons that, I hear, sometimes indicate Read Only properties. Checking FILE Properties with a right-click on the files shows the Read-Only unchecked.

Checking FOLDERS with a right-click, the properties say Read-Only! Removing the check mark and confirming that I want the change to affect all subfolders and files--seems to work but upon testing it out then rechecking the properties of the main or any sub folders, the Read-Only status is checked again.

I'm not confident on how to troubleshoot administrator issues, but I'm the ONLY user and I'm the Administrator with commensurate password. I've reduced my UAC settings to minimal.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    As a first step, before solving the underlying problem, I would Select the entire document CTRL-A, and Copy it CTRL-C and then paste it in another editor such as Note, or Wordpad and save that.

If you lose your Word 2007 file you will lose all the formatting, but at least you will have the text.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Sometimes it's necessary to right-click a shortcut such as for Word and choose Run as administrator to get things working, had that problem with running Office 365 applications after installing on a couple of computers.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank, you Prescott and Berton.

I did MUCH research--never feeling like I was hot on the trail of an answer. I was about to uninstall/reinstall Office 2007 when I remembered System Restore. Curiously there was only ONE restore point (I'll have to look into that), but it did the trick. I will need to figure out my revisions and tweak two documents, saved as email attachments.