2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Printing via Bluetooth??

I have a printer (Canon Pixma Pro 9000) connected via USB cable to my Win 7 machine. My wife has a Win 8 laptop which is about 15 feet away from the printer, but there is no convenient way to connect using a cable. Would it be possible to use a Bluetooth dongle in the USB port of the printer to connect the Bluetooth in her laptop?

Any suggestions much appreciated.

David

Thanks
    Do you have home network set up? That is: on either of the PC's, selecting the network tab, can both PC's be seen. If so, just open devices/printers on the laptop and select add printer. It should find the printer on the windows 7 pc, then just install the driver for it from the windows 7 pc by clicking on the found printer and clicking install. Then you can print via the network wirelessly. It's the way I have my HP 5610v AIO setup...its connected to my desktop and all 3 of the laptops print from it wirelessly after setting it up from the above method.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bassfisher6522 For This Useful Post:

Rhinoceros (2014-05-24)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Ah sounds like the answer to my prayers!!! Yes I have a home network so I'll do as you suggest.

David

Thanks
    Youtube should have good videos on how this setup works if your a more visual type.