Star Lounger
    Thanks

Bring Back the Old "Find" Search Box (2013)

I just finished a search where I had to find the instances where a word was accidentally joined to a number. Back in the old days, bringing up Find with Ctrl-F brought up the "Find and Replace" search box, with the Find tab open. Now it brings up that box on the left.

The Point is that I used ^# to find the digit. That new search tool does not give me the option of reminding me of the extra search terms.

Now, if I go to Search & Replace with Ctrl-H, my old buddy appears, and I can then go to the Find tab.

Is there a way to call up the old Find?

Also, I use a lot of headings. I used to be able to search for headings using the little button in the lower right. Is that little toy still available somewhere?
    [I have been here for years; I had to get things restarted]

Administrator
    Thanks
    Try this - go to File | Options | Customize Ribbon. Press the "Customize" button next to "Keyboard Shortcuts". Click on the "Home tab" in the Categories box on the left. In the Commands box on the right scroll down to "EditFind". Click in the "Press new shortcut key" box and then press the keys you wish to use. Click the "Assign" button then the "Close" button. Then "OK".

Joe

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeP517 For This Useful Post:

JohnD1 (2014-05-27)

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    That did it. Thanks.

[start of rant] But why does Microsoft have to keep dumbing things down? Why? [end of rant]
    [I have been here for years; I had to get things restarted]