Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew1903 View Post
    The perceived need for such things is even less than zero w/ 8.1 & 8.1.1
    Actually, the perceived need is very high...whether or not it comes anywhere near matching actual need is unknown by this author. The persistent popularity of such 3rd party add ons and general unpopularity of W8 would seem to indicate MS is not quickly overcoming that need for alternatives, perceived or not.

What each of us perceive individually of course is completely biased as a statistical measure. Not less than zero; but, not much more than zero for sure.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to F.U.N. downtown For This Useful Post:

mrjimphelps (2014-06-09)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew1903 View Post
    Everyone here knows I do not recommend adding 3rd party 'start' stuff to Win8. The perceived need for such things is even less than zero w/ 8.1 & 8.1.1
    Not sure about "perceived" needs for 3rd party 'start' stuff. For me, it is an actual need.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Well, we'll see; if Microsoft brings back the full start menu (modified though it may be) in WinNINE, which side of the fence certain Canadians fall on then. I won't use the inflammatory words that I have ALL my money on.

For me its actual too...after many years of refinement and trying other methods that might promote greater efficiency. Is it going on three years now for W8...or does it just seem like three years?! I'm still more than pleased with my efficiency on XP, though I can't install OneNote to be fair.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12