New Lounger
    Central Iowa

Sync Outlook 2003 with Samsung Galaxy 4 or iPhone 5

I am getting close to giving up the Blackberry and replacing it with either a Samsung Galaxy 4 or iPhone 5. For me the most important factor is being able to sync my contacts, calendars, and notes/memos between the phone and my desktop Outlook 2003. (I have no intention of syncing my emails.)

I have been syncing my contacts, calendars, and memos between my desktop computer and handheld devices (Palm and then Blackberry) since the Palm first came out; so I have more than 15 years of calendar and contact history on both devices that I don't want to lose.

I live in a rural county with slow and unreliable internet connections so I want to be able to sync my new "smartphone" with my desktop Outlook 2003 by USB cable only, just as I have been doing in the past with Palm HotSync and later with Blackberry Desktop Software.

Are there reliable methods to do this with a Samsung Galaxy 4 or an iPhone 5? If so which is better and more reliable, the Samsung or iPhone?

I am willing to pay for third party software to accomplish this task with either "smartphone" as long as the results are reliable. Which third party software, if any, would you recommend?

I would appreciate any help with this issue, any comments, recommendations, experiences, etc., will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Manning, South Carolina
    Thanked 1,455 Times in 1,324 Posts

Welcome to the Lounge as a new poster!

I've been using Samsung Kies software to sync Outlook 2010 with my Galaxy S2 w/o incident (note that my outlook.pst file is still in 97-2002 format). HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs