3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Some links in web pages will not load

I have reinstalled windows with the no format reinstall, stopped Lmhosts file in network settings and re-did the tcp/ip stack and nothing seems to fix this issue. Certain links on web pages give me an error message that the server cannot connect to the specified server link. I am attaching a picture of this error message, but this is not the only time and place I sometimes get this. I get it using Firefox 29.0.1, Cyberfox latest version and IE 10 will also give an error if I do the same thing. My laptop does not have this issue and I am at a loss to try and determine what is wrong. Short of reinstalling Windows from a clean drive, any ideas what else I can try. Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    It would probably help if you put your clock right - it's displaying 8/13/2013

This is because Certificates are sync'd to your clock and if there's a mismatch, you won't connect.
    Last edited by Sudo15; 2014-05-29 at 18:36.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    That is when that screen capture was taken. The clock on my PC IS correct.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I can occasionally get a failed to connect and hitting Refresh usually does the job, but in some cases (using IE10), I go to Tools - Internet Options - Content and Clear the SSL state.

I'll also run MS's fixit to reset the Hosts file http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972034

Problems with IE can affect other browsers and resetting IE to defaults can often resolve.

Bookmark this URL http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ and the next time it happens, check to see if it is the site or if it's on your end.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sudo15 For This Useful Post:

ldb (2014-06-01)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Not sure exactly what did it, but issue seems to be fixed. No joy yesterday, but today all seems well. Thanks

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Glad to hear it.

If you can get to other websites then the problem would normally be with the one that you can't, but if you are unable to get to any website, then try the browser without add-ons.