Star Lounger
    Thanks

File Manager Listing

I was going through my File listings with my File Manager program and noticed a Directory called "rayhawk@charter.net(rayhawk). Under it was a subdirectory called Albums, All Pictures, Keywords, Picture Playlists, Picture Date Taken, Ratings. Another subdirectory called Plalylists. Under it were a number of subd. There were also others. Since I have a SSD as my C drive, I was trying to move all pictures and movies from C to D which is a 1 TB HD, giving me more breathing room on C. However, it will not allow me to move nor delete any of the jpg or movie files. I have no idea how this Directory with its subdirectories and sub-subd. got there. I think I can delete the main directory, freeing up about 5GB or more, but I was wondering if this will give me another headache in doing so. Does anyone know why this directory exists or where it may have come from? -- Bewildered in Tennessee.

Thanks
    Is charter.net your ISP (Internet Service Provider)?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Ray Hawk designs web pages, and his email is rayhawk@charter.net

See: http://webpages.charter.net/churchofchrist/

Still, I have no idea why you would have a directory named that.

Thanks
    Then the best bet would probably be to contact Tech Support at Charter.net and find out if the folder(s) can be removed.

Or, I suppose you could make an image backup, delete it|them and see what happens.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes it is. They recently changed us from POP to IMAP which has affected Outlook, especially my wife's 2007 program.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hmm, I had no idea that webpage still existed since we now have a company that takes care of that. I'll have to go in and delete it. Thanks for the information.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I've already made an image backup. So, I'll see if I can delete the whole thing. Thanks.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rhawk36 View Post
    I've already made an image backup. So, I'll see if I can delete the whole thing. Thanks.
    You're welcome.

You might try moving it/them to another drive, then wait a while to see if everything still works ok. If not, move them back. If so, after a couple of months or so, delete them from the other drive.