Star Lounger
    Thanks

Office 365 eMail, contact and calendar consolidation within Win 8.1?

I'm standing at a confusing intersection with too many apparent routes to select from. I will appreciate any consolidation ideas on what makes the most sense. I'm running Office 2010 Pro within Win 8.1 (Updated Update), with years of data in one PST file. I also have separate domain-based Google email, contacts and calendar provided by the agency I consult for, and want to keep it separate other than using its calender function for both business and personal appointments. Why struggle with two calendars unless they can be easily merged and synced?

I recently switched from cable to FiOS services, with my old incoming email being forwarded temporarily to Verizon's webmail until I decide how best to consolidate. My personal contacts are not synced or merged as yet and reside only in Outlook 2010.

All of the above are or will be present on my desktop and laptop. I rely on the laptop for Outlook 2010 to avoid non-synced, separate PST's. I've read that one should NOT place a shared PST in OneDrive as it is never "locked" and can be corrupted by constant syncing activity. My business gmail and calender also flow to my smartphone. I have not yet setup my Verizon android app for personal email and contacts as it may be a wasted effort because .... I'm about to install Office 365 Home over or alongside 2010. Is there a "best" way, perhaps using Outlook.com or Outlook 365, to consolidate my non-business email and contacts in one place, accessible from my desktop, laptop and smartphone? As a home-based consultant, do I need to use Office 365 Small Business or Exchange Online instead of Home? Is Office Web Apps (OWA) involved?

I feel quite dumb about this, and the numerous internet blogs and forums that talk about "Outlook" without being specific to what version (.com, 365, etc.) is being discussed has added to the confusion.
    Win 10 Pro 64bit on Dell XPS12 w/ Intel Core I5, 256gb mSATA, 4gb RAM. Also self-built Asus Z97 Desktop PC, Core I3, Kingston 96gb SSD, Toshiba 128 SSD, 8gb Corsair DDR4 1600, CM 692II Case, Radeon R7 250X, Samsung 23" Mon w/HDTV tuner.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Just a little bit about what I see, one is that Outlook.com [formerly Hotmail.com], Yahoo mail and Gmail [may be others] are Webmail/Online E-Mail functions, do not save to your computer unless other things are done. Microsoft Office Outlook has been around for awhile and is an installed E-Mail Client [program] that downloads messages to your computer, much the same as the old Outlook Express, Windows Mail [Vista] and Windows Live Mail [part of WIndows Live Essentials]. Outlook does not come with all versions of the Office packages, may not be available in the less-expensive versions such as Home and Student. Office 365 is a subscription-based program, purchase the installation package then has a monthly or yearly payment plan but the versions I've worked with can be installed on a variety of up to 5 devices.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I understand these program distinctions. What I want to achieve is the best strategy for consolidating my old contacts and emails from the Outlook 2010 PST file with the new emails coming into my new Verizon email, accessible from any device with internet access. I have no server and my 2010 data is not shareable across devices. I bought but have not yet installed Office 365 Home Premium (5 device license) thinking its Outlook could accomplish that using OneDrive. I cannot verify that will work. I read about people using Outlook.com instead, bringing in local Outlook 2010 data and other client programs like gmail verizon. Verizon says I can bring old and new contacts and emails into its webmail. Unlike Win 8.1 Mail, which is east to read, Outlook.com is crammed with tiny fonts on my Ultrabook. As a Win 8.1 "Modern" and "Desktop" user, there must be an elegant solution and I'm open to advice.
    Win 10 Pro 64bit on Dell XPS12 w/ Intel Core I5, 256gb mSATA, 4gb RAM. Also self-built Asus Z97 Desktop PC, Core I3, Kingston 96gb SSD, Toshiba 128 SSD, 8gb Corsair DDR4 1600, CM 692II Case, Radeon R7 250X, Samsung 23" Mon w/HDTV tuner.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Outlook.com is crammed with tiny fonts on my Ultrabook
    I don't have that problem, just hold down the Ctrl key while pressing the + or - key to change the viewing size. Or the Ctrl key plus rolling the mouse wheel either direction. It also works on Macintosh OS X and some versions of Linux [mine is Linux Mint 16 and 17 Cinnamon].