New Lounger
    Thanks

Word Document not Showing Pictures

Hi Everyone,

I have a very annoying issue.

I receive and send a company report each day to colleagues in Word format.

Basically gives text breakdown of what happened in previous evening. We also take data from various excel sheets and I paste these into the document.
    Just small summaries of that days data maybe 10-15 cells each.

It has worked perfectly and my colleagues and I can open up the email download the word doc and can see everything that has gone on the previous evening. Trouble is I can view it on every device "EXCEPT ON A WINDOWS PHONE" and I bought a Windows Phone because of Office integration.

What is happening is that in order for some of the spreadsheets to fit we we paste using 'Picture (U)' and not just paste and then fit to page.

These inserts show on everything from the iPhone to Android to open office with no issues. BUT on my Nokia Windows Phone and using Office I can see everything but these 'Picture' inserts. Crazy. I have tried everything and looked everywhere for an answer.

Yes I know I can paste keeping formatting (K) but then I have to fit to window. Its an extra process and with several to insert its a pain. More to the point why can I see these graphics on every phone except a Windows Phone?

Ay ideas please its bugging the heck out of me.

KR
    Staylong

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    This may not be a solution but have you checked that your phone has the latest updates http://www.nokia.com/global/support/...ftware-update/

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanx for the response Sudo15.

Unfortunately I am already on 8.1.

This is a fault with Mobile Word. From what I have learned Mobile Word cannot show certain content. Strange because every Android Office suite can. Polaris Office and Kingston Office and others. Its about how I paste the info in. When I copy the part of Excel spreadsheet I want then right click for paste options.. I usually chose the pic option because it fits neatly in place. This is what we were told to do by IT guys anyway. As I have said EVERY device that we view these reports on show the content perfectly except Windows Phone or more to the point Mobile Word.

This is not a deal breaker but surely Microsoft should be better at handling reports and content created in their own application. Its just soooo strange to me.

Thanks Again

Staylong

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Unfortunately I'm a dinosaur when it comes to these sort of devices, but why not go to the source and ask MS why just this is a problem on a Windows phone....

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    From a Google on this and others complaining about the same problem, it would appear this is not yet supported on the Windows phone.