New Lounger
    Thanks

Mute All getting enabled unexpectedly

I need to try isolating this methodically as I guess it's probably some side effect of one of the several applications I'm using. But meanwhile does anyone have any ideas as to why I'm regularly finding the Mute All option in the Playback Volume window enabled please?

--
    Terry, East Grinstead, UK

jwoods
    There can be a toggle option on a function key that mutes and un-mutes sound.

On my system it's F11.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jwoods For This Useful Post:

terrypin (2015-12-14)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks. I do have a toggle but it's a combination of two keys, one of which is a special 'FN' that I rarely use. And this issue has been occurring at odd times, such as in first starting a session in the morning. Looking for potential causes elsewhere.
    --
    Last edited by terrypin; 2015-12-13 at 08:02.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    What startup apps are running?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    There are several major apps (and, of course, scores of processes/services). Apps include TextPad, my text editor, and - currently a likely candidate - Macro Express Pro. Perhaos one of my many hundreds of macros is somehow the cause. But another candidate is my music manager, Media Monkey, especially as I found volume muted again a few minutes after leaving my NLE, MAGIX Movie Edit Pro 2014 Premium, to use it to import an MP3 into my current video project.

Maybe I'll try writing a macro that will test the status every minute or so and alert me as soon as volume gets muted, so that I can narrow down the possibilities.

jwoods
    You might download Sysinternals Autoruns.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...rnals/bb963902

You can disable startup programs one at a time, and see if you can isolate a cause.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jwoods For This Useful Post:

Fascist Nation (2015-12-16)