New Lounger
    Thanks

Highlighting mail by recipient (2000)

In Outlook, I receive mail from 4 different POP3's. Can somebody tell me how I can "highlight" the emails from each account a different color? If that's not possible is there another way that I can set them apart other than looking in the TO: field which doesn't always work.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Highlighting mail by recipient (2000)

are you using corp or internet mode? see help | about. if internet mode, try right clicking on the field name row and choosing field choose. add the accounts field. are the account names listed? (i use corp and they don't show in corp mode) if so, you should be able to apply custom formatting from the views menu using that field. (drag the field off the row to get rid of it)

if not, check the headers for unique words that would only be present on mail from that server - such as server names. this only works if the accounts are on different servers - and fails if someone sends to you from the same server (try and be as specific as possible with full server names to avoid that problem)

New Lounger
    Thanks

Ah-ha! Not as eye-catching as I wanted, but I think it will work. Yes, our email is hosted by our ISP, so we do have internet mail set up. For clarification, in case this helps someone else, it's listed under "All Mail Fields" in the drop-down as "Internet Accounts".

Thanks a million!

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

not sure what you mean by "eye catching" but since you have the field you might be able to group by it (repeat the right click on field row but choose group by box and drag the accounts field into the group area) or you can apply color coding to the accounts from the views menu - its under the automatic formatting button.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

The method I use to keep my three accounts looking different is to set autoformatting for my inbox (and any other necessary folders) to colour/bold/italicize the message displays. View | Current View | Customize Current View will open up the View Summary box displayed below. Click the "Automatic Formatting" button, and you can add a whole host of formatting options to the folder. When you create a new formatting rule, click the "Condition" button, go to the "Advanced" tab, and then use "Internet Account" as the field, "Equals" or "Contains" for the condition, and the name you gave the account (ie, Work Mail) as the value.