New Lounger
    Thanks

Pictures in forwarded emails can't be found

Frequently when I forward emails containing photos I get a message when I click SEND that "one or more pictures could not be found. Send anyway?"
    That is not the exact wording but something very similar. I have not determined if these are from a specific domain.

Anyone have any ideas?

Windows 7
    Windows Live mail

Thanks
    Hi Chettah,
    You must save them first then re attach to FWD message.
    George's PC Specs. / Laptop. Desktop.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Google "Windows Live can't forward pictures" and you will see 1) that this is and has been a major flaw in Windows Live Mail; and 2) that there are many PO'd users waiting for Microsoft to fix the problem. This has been going on for years and the most recent update still has not addressed the major flaw in WLM. It's too bad that, with the multitude of programs MS writes, it can't get a simple e-mail client to work properly. Move to a different e-mail client.

By way of solution, the best I have found is to drop the arrow menu down next to "forward" and choose "forward as an attachment". This is cumbersome and less than acceptable; but it will then "find" all the pictures or cartoons or whatever and send the whole thing as an attachment, along with all the other e-mail addresses, as you can't edit them out. The recipient must open the attachment to see the pictures. Unacceptable; but it is easier than saving all the pictures or cartoons; then re-inserting them in a new e-mail.

At any rate, shame on Microsoft for not fixing this rather simple problem.
    Last edited by Bo Ritchings; 2014-06-12 at 20:23.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Excuse me for this mess as I just lost all of my editing which I feel was important for those that are not experienced users of these systems. Will attempt to redo some.

If I may? I use an email client and do not go through my web-browser, Except when the images do not show in my client. Some times I will send the message to myself before forwarding to TEST is the images are sent as directed, they must also be attached to that message if for no other reason than to insure they stay with that message.

Right click on the body of the email and open in a browser, my favorite one. Then each image right click then "Save as . ." from the menu. For each image, some are rather long lists but managable. That way you have them on your system so you may forward them along with the message. Not a quick fix but works for me . .

Any webbased email, using the web-browser, will have this issue because the mail is not on your system so you may not be able to forward said images. BUT, if you save the images to your system on your H/D then when attaching them is easy by telling the web based system to attach them from your system. That will work for either type of email you use, E-Mail client on your system or even the Web-Browser type over the net, because that Web-Browser email is on a server wherever the server is located and NOT on your system, unless you save it to your computer.

I have experienced the issue that some of those servers remove the link where they have it saved. If you attempt to use those images again in another message they may not be there. If you have saved them to your system then there is not an issue, just attach them from you system.

The titles used by the web-browser type email are usually a jumble of numbers and characters, when saving them to your system setup a folder that you will always use for this purpose. Then you can create sub-folders for a particular message or group of images where you may select them for forwarding, giving them a bit of a description to hint as to what they are. Plus you may choose to display instead of icons but 'Large icons' or 'Extra large icons' within that folder by selecting "View" in the menu bar.
    Last edited by NTLS; 2014-06-12 at 13:26.
    Thank you for reading,
    TIA, CU L8R,
    NTxLS Win7 Pro 64bit SP1; FireFox v30.x, Password Maker v1.7.8; WinPatrolPlus: SuperAntiSpyware; MBAM Pro; all with the latest updates . .