4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Maintenance shedule based on completion dates

I want to create a simple maintenance schedule and base the next time on the date that it was last completed. I thought this would be simple in a spreadsheet, I don't want to use Access because that would just be too complex. I want to make is simple and I can always just continue to use a paper checklist.

I want to be able to have to do items and be able to bring up a list of items that are due. Different items will have different time intervals between when they need to be done, 1 day, 7 days, 14 days, etc. I want to be able to check when something is done and have it reset to the date that would be indicated by the number of days in the interval. So, if I mark a 7 day task complete for today, it will show up as being due again 7 days from now. However if something is missed, say on the 7th day after the last time it was done, I want to keep it on the 7 day schedule, not have to do it, say 4 days from now. I hope that makes sense.

It seems like someone must have done this and I have looked online but haven't found anything. Maybe I am not using the correct search terms. Does anyone have any advice or samples I could look at? Thank you.

Thanks
    Perhaps if you provided us a sample of what you have and what you want, we could offer some suggestions...

Steve

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    For example:

Area Task Interval Date Completed
    Rest Room Sweep floor 7
    Rest Room Clean toilet 7
    Rest Room Clean sink 7
    Rest Room Dust 14
    Rest Room Clean mirror 14
    Rest Room Wash floor 14
    Rest Room Dust baseboards 30
    Rest Room Clean tops of Cabs & MC 30
    Rest Room Clean Drain 30

I would like to be able to generate what is due to be done by getting a list showing what is due by adding the interval to the Date completed and then listing what is past due.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks
    I don't understand, can you elaborate? A sample workbook works better than just listing text...

Steve

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    That's what I thought too but I didn't know how to paste it in as a workbook.

Thanks
    [Go Advanced]
    Additional Options - [Manage Attachments]
    Upload files from your computer - [Choose File]
    [upload]
    [Close this window]
    Finish submission and [Submit reply]

Steve

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Worksheet Attached

OK, I think I have it attached. It's very simple. I anticipate that the generated "To Do" list would be on a separate worksheet in the same workbook. Thanks again for your help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

New Lounger
    Thanks

The K.I.S.S. solution

2014-06-04 Maintenance Checklist Sample.xlsI've attached a really simple solution - adding in a Due Date column so that it shows when that task is due. I've also added a bit of conditional formatting to that columns so that if the task is due or overdue, it's in red, or if it's due in the next two days, it's orange.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Maybe this will help? The "To Do" worksheet is just a pivot table based on the Schedule worksheet. When Schedule values change, you'll need to hit Refresh All (or hit CTRL+ALT+F5) to refresh the To Do list.

Your first post indicates that you want to be able to reset dates automatically by clicking something. I think the only way to do something like that is to add a bunch of check boxes or buttons with VBA code for each one. That's not exactly simple, and you might be better off doing it in Access.
    Attached Files Attached Files

10. The Following User Says Thank You to abilyeu For This Useful Post:

motivated (2014-06-08)

Thanks
    You have a couple of responses, but based on your sample I am not sure where you want formulas and what you want the formulas to do. Could you elaborate?

Steve