2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Question Nvidia GeForce 6600 not recognised by Nvidia driver update

I just tried to update to the latest drivers and got an error that compatible hardware was not found.
    I tried the auto detect facility on the Nvidia website and got an 'error parsing scan results13' response.
    I then uninstalled the card and let windows find it on restart, which it did, installing windows drivers. I could still not upgrade the driver, getting the same incompatible hardware message.
    I'm running W7 Ult on an ASUS motherboard and don't know what to try next.
    Is anyone familiar with this problem?

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Got a surprise next time I booted up. Windows update had a graphics driver update listed which installed OK and turned out to be Nvidia driver 307.83.

I had raised the issue on the GeForce forum and was told that 6600 cards were no longer supported - well this one is!