Thread: Runtime Error

New Lounger
    Thanks

Runtime Error

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit- I cannot install HP Printer software either from the installation disk or from HP's Drivers and Downloads site. Every time I try, I get a Microsoft Visual C++ Run Time Library Error which shuts down the installation without explanation. I then let the computer load the driver on file but, as before, the computer sends a print request to the printer but nothing happens.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    It looks like HP are aware of this problem and have developed a fix for it http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...name=c01609772

Hope this helps.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    The fix did not work. However, I had been able to start printing again by letting the computer load the driver in file. I really don't need all the whistles and bells that comes with the software although it was nice while it lasted. Thanks anyway'

New Lounger
    Thanks
    The fix did not work. However, I had been able to start printing again by letting the computer load the driver in file. I really don't need all the whistles and bells that comes with the software although it was nice while it lasted. This document pertains to HP Notebook PCs with Windows Vista. Thanks anyway'

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Can you scan and check the ink levels with just the generic driver ?

Another Google came up with http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer...t/true#M116365 which is a bit more involved than the basic instructions of the last link, but it still references that link with a few other bits to do afterwards.

Also read through the comments from other users and you should be able to get the bells and whistles back.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    For ink levels, I rely on the lights for the respective cartridges which are on the front of the printer. I have learned that the low ink notification lights go on way before you need to change cartridges. Let me go to the link you gave me and I'll get back to you.