iNET Interactive
    Thanks

Shortcuts for working with Win8 (Win7, too)

TOP STORY

Shortcuts for working with Win8 (Win7, too)

By Michael Lasky

As with all preceding versions of the OS, Windows 8.1 includes many useful keyboard shortcuts and utilities for quick navigation and managing files. You just have to know where to find them.

The full text of this column is posted at WindowsSecrets.com/top-story/shortcuts-for-working-with-win8-win7-too]/ (free content, opens in a new window/tab).

Columnists typically cannot reply to comments here, but do incorporate the best tips into future columns.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Uh-hem...the Windows Peek box in Win7 is in the lower right corner of the Task Bar, not the left (which is where the Start button is)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I use a small program called "sizer" to easily resize windows to my liking and also FreeSnap to jump and center windows between two different monitors; they work just fine together

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Is there anyway I can disable the Backspace to go back to the previously open folder? I have found that this function kicks in from time to time when I am trying to correct the typing in a browser forcing the browser to go back to the previous page. This Backspace behaviour does not happen all the time, and I still haven't figured out when the Backspace is previous page or not.