New Lounger
    Thanks

Angry Keyboard and mouse lag

Hello!

Recently I moved from Win7 64bit to Win 8.1 64bit (I bought a complete new pc for music studio). The problem I have is with keyboard and mouse lag. I dont use this pc for games or anything else, just music production. Keyboard and mouse I use are wireless Logitech K520 with unifyer. I see a lot of people have same problem with lag as I do, but I didnt find any solution that works.

Let me explain my problem:
    - mouse - it just lags, on random pattern...sometimes it lags for 4-5 secs, it doesn´t move at all than suddenly it moves to the last direction I moved it to...this problem is present both on desktop, start area, Cubase, Opera, etc...
    - keyboard - I write text, it appears 2-3 sec after...sometimes it works normal, but its mostly full of lag...

I tried this keyboard and mouse on different computer with win 7 and vista, it works normal. Also, I googled about mouse lag in Win 8.1 and I see Microsoft released some patch for video games and I tried to install it but whenever installation starts it stops just on the beginning and says: this update is not applicable to your computer. I checked all my drivers, they are latest ones...BIOS as well. I checked win 8.1 updates...it says computer is up to date and no new updates are ready to be installed. I cleaned my pc with CCleaner, no help. I checked for viruses, no viruses.

So, at this moment I am very frustrated about this problem. It took me so much time to write this because it lags now and than.

So, is this Win 8.1 bug or...? How can I fix it????

My new pc specs: i7 4790, asus z97pro, 8gb RAM 1600 mhz, 2tb hd, CX500 Corsair psu, K520 keyboard/mouse

Thanks!!!

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    Doomcore,

Welcome to the Lounge as a new poster!

Have you loaded the Logitech SetPoint software? If not that is the first thing I would try. If you have loaded it you want to configure it. If making changes in the configuration doesn't fix the problem try uninstalling it and running with the default drivers. I use several machines (Win 8.1 Pro, 8.0 Pro, 7 HP) with Logitech M310 mice and use a MK520 mouse/keyboard combo on my laptop w/o problem. HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

VBA Rules!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Administrator
    Thanks
    In relation to other wireless devices where is the problematic Win8 PC vs. the Win7 PC?

Have you added or moved any other wireless devices?

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello guys, thanks for the answer.

I tried everything today...and one thing worked. The problem was in Asus wifi antena...as soon as I moved it away from the pc and unifyer stick, mouse and keyboard work as they should, no lags. So, looks like wifi interfered with the signal of keyboard and mouse.

Weird, but at least it works now.

Thanks anyway!