Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    New Lounger
    Thanks
    For 1/1/2014 this is what I see: At the very top of the report, Broome County - 1,032 calls. That's way off. We usually receive maybe 5 calls at best.

However, The Call Frequency Breakdown for that day seems right: 27 calls. I still believe the problem lies within Query1. When I can, I'll run through it again.

Also just tried adding a Date Range to the "Total Call Counts" in Location Footer, that didn't work. I got a syntax error saying I had a comma in the statement although I had no comma. Confusing.

I tried changing counts(*) to Counts([Start Date] and [End Date]). That didn't work.

I'll be at work in 14 hours where I have a better computer to examine this on. Perhaps that will clear things up, my computer is 12 years old and behaves a little slow and loopy at times.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Mine shows 5 records for Broome, I will send the database again.
    Attached Files Attached Files

New Lounger
    Thanks
    This is what I did after downloading and opening your most recent revisal, perhaps I'm doing something wrong:
    1. I clicked on frm Reports and entered 1/1/2014 for Start and End Dates.
    2. I clicked on Monthly Tally and this is what the report displayed (just a few sections).

Warm Line Monthly Tally
    For dates from 1/1/2014 to 1/1/2014

Summary for Location = Broome (1032 Daily records)
    Total Call Count 1,032
    Total Call Minutes 8,362
    Average Call Length 8
    Total Calls Incoming 881
    Total Calls Outgoing 151
    Call Length (Incoming) 6,925
    Call Length (Outgoing) 1,437

Now, dropping down to the bottom of the report:

Outcome
    A- Crisis Recognition and Referral 19
    B- Peer Support 5,433
    C- Giving Information to Caller 95
    D- Client Satisfied with outcome 5,321
    Client not satisfied with outcome 97
    Not Applicable 17
    E-Was unable to Help 1

Call Frequency Break-Down for dates from 1/1/2014 to 1/1/2014

Calls between 4:30 and 6:29 13
    Calls between 6:30 and 8:29 10
    Calls between 8:30 and 10:29 4
    Calls between 10:30 and 11:59 0

I downloaded your zip file and got the same results. I don't know how or where you got the '5' from.
    I didn't have time at work to review your revisal but I'll have 3 hours to myself at work tomorrow to review it. I hope something different show on the reports.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    This is what I did after downloading and opening your most recent revisal. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong:

1. I clicked on frm Reports and entered 1/1/2014 for Start and End Dates.
    2. I clicked on Monthly Tally and this is what the report displayed (just a few sections).

Warm Line Monthly Tally
    For dates from 1/1/2014 to 1/1/2014

Summary for Location = Broome (1032 Daily records)
    Total Call Count 1,032
    Total Call Minutes 8,362
    Average Call Length 8
    Total Calls Incoming 881
    Total Calls Outgoing 151
    Call Length (Incoming) 6,925
    Call Length (Outgoing) 1,437

Now, dropping down to the bottom of the report:

Outcome
    A- Crisis Recognition and Referral 19
    B- Peer Support 5,433
    C- Giving Information to Caller 95
    D- Client Satisfied with outcome 5,321
    Client not satisfied with outcome 97
    Not Applicable 17
    E-Was unable to Help 1

Call Frequency Break-Down for dates from 1/1/2014 to 1/1/2014

Calls between 4:30 and 6:29 13
    Calls between 6:30 and 8:29 10
    Calls between 8:30 and 10:29 4
    Calls between 10:30 and 11:59 0

I downloaded your zip file and got the same results. I don't know how or where you got the '5' from.
    I didn't have time at work to review your revisal but I'll have 3 hours to myself at work tomorrow to review it. I hope something different show on the reports.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    For some strange reason, I cannot delete replies from this forum.

I just realized that the table begins at 1/8/2014. Although I tried using different date ranges in the report, I get the same results. Confusing!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    12:58 AM EST Friday morning. I stayed up an hour after midnight in hopes of catching you. I think I resolved the problem. It was a NOVICE error.

I realized that there is a VBA Warning on the Access page asking if I want to show VBA code. A have been forgetting to open it on the last few program tests.

Opening it first seems to solve the problem. It seems I had inadvertently restricted you VBA. Now, I first check to see there is no warning or that the option is opened. Then, when I run the program and use the frm Reports and enter my date range, the report appears, but in Preview Mode and also one page per view @50% size.

I'd dead tired and will play with this tomorrow at work and compare its findings to several manual counts from the table. Then I'll let you know if everything is hunky dory.

I'll probably redesign the form Report button and then hide all the report buttons. I'll set it up so the supervisor see only one button, a Monthly Report Button which she will click and then enter the date range to get her report. I'll let you know hoe everything goes sometime in about 14 hours from now

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Is your database located in a trusted location? If not any VBA code will not run. That is presuming you have Access 2007 or later.
    How do you start the reports, by the buttons on the form, or by clicking on them in the navigation panel?
    Last edited by patt; 2014-07-11 at 03:51.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Okay, I had 3 full hours of solitude at work today to get this program up and running, thanks for your input. Now I'm making small cosmetic design changes to the Form ans am trying to understand what you revised. This is still a little confusing to me.

First, what is the significance to using -1 in expressions? E.g., =Count(IIf([A]="-1",0))

Second, I'm also confused with the expression =DCount("*","MSys_obj","[Date] Between #" & Format(Forms![Monthly Report]![Start Date],"mm/dd/yyyy") & "# And #" & Format(Forms![Monthly Report]![End Date],"mm/dd/yyyy") & "# AND [Time]>=#4:30# and [Time]<=#6:29#") What is Format Forms?

Finally, what is the Expr1005 e.g., =Count(IIf([Expr1005]="X",0))

Kimmy

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    -1 in expressions, I didn't put that in there, I presume it means TRUE.
    The format in the date check says format the date as US date style eg mm/dd/yyyy, else it will not compute properly.

Expr1005 is used in the query behind the form as the field D has been used twice in that query.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123