Star Lounger
    Thanks

Problems with browsers settings Chrome – Firefox – IE 11

I am on Widows 8.1 been on it 12 months

I am having problems with my browsers settings Chrome – Firefox – IE 11– plus when I use a search engine.
    I have a web site which I have done some major changes to, but when I go to check the new site on the web, it is still the old one there.
    I went back and removed the site altogether but all browsers still find it there

How can I stop this happening?

Oldn

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Bruce

Sorry but it did not work, but thinking about it there may be one difficulty.

1) My first web site on the free space that comes with my Virgin broadband.
    2) I have used all the space allotted to me on Virgin
    3) So I built another site on X10Hostings which is Free Space
    4) Put a short cut to it on my home page on my first site
    5) It is the second site on X10Hostings that is not changing when I click the short cut on the home page.
    6) But if I copy the short cut off my home page and paste it into the bowser it works, it goes to the new area on all 3 browsers.

Any Ideas

Oldn

Thanks
    Sounds like some kind of caching(sp) is going on. Or could you maybe have a second copy of the website with an almost the same url??

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I think you are nearly right, but not quite.

I built site on X10Hostings.mx, and I put the trail extension up which worked fine. But I lost the bit of paper with all the details on, I could find no way of
    changing them or of getting that information, so I signed in again but this time I got a new X10Hostings.bz, you know like co.uk and .com.

Although it had the bz short cut on the home page it is loading the mx site, which is the old site, but here is the funny bit, if you copy the short cut off the
    home page and paste it in a browser it will load the new site bz?

I have since gone on to the x10Hostings forum now I know what the problem is they might know more.

Thanks to all for getting back to me

Oldn

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have sorted it

Oldn