Star Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook 2007 crash when opening messages

I have recently upgraded to a new windows 7 laptop (Dell M4700). i use OL 2007 for both a hosted exchange and a pop3 service. In the last month I have a problem with OL crashing and forcing a restart if I try to open, forward or reply to messages. It seems to go away after OL has been running for about 30 minutes or so, but when it is freshly launched I have the problem.

I saw a previous post about disabling PDF plugins so I tried that, as well as an iCloud toolbar, but that doesn't seem to have solved the problem.

Tech details:
    Outlook 2007 (12.0.6691.5000) SP3 MSO (12.0.6683.5000)
    Windows 7 Pro, version 6.1.7601 SP1
    Dell Precision M4700
    Intel Core i7-3740QM quad core (8 logical cores)
    16GB Ram

Any ideas?

Keith

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Dammlimey,

Have you tried repairing Outlook by using scanpst.exe?

Damaged Outlook (Outlook Data File) could create such troubles and even it is quite risky for the database. Go and execute the Inbox Repair Utility (scanpst.exe) and fix errors and corruption.

Also, perform a clean boot to check which other programs are causing the error. As I think, re-creation of a new Outlook profile will probably solve the entire problem.

You can take more help from the given resource:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/813514
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Thanks
    Clark Kent