New Lounger
    Thanks

microsoft visual c++ runtime library runtime error r6025

Pure virtual function call. program:C/program files (x86) mozilla firefox/plugin-container.exe. I get this error while on facebook, either playing a game or just reading the news feed. My browser freezes and my CPU usage goes up to 75%. I have firefox 30.0 and the newest flashplayer. I have windows 8.1. I have searced Microsoft and Firefox help, but to no avail. I hope someone here can tell me what to do to fix this.
    May you be blessed today,

Karen

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Administrator
    Thanks
    According to Description of the R6025 run-time error in Visual C++ the solution is to rewrite the code causing the error. Does this happen with IE?

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Joe, thank you for your reply. I don't use IE, so I really don't know. I use firefox and chrome. I have never gotten this error message while on facebook on chrome. I also unchecked the hardware accelerator in firefox and adobe flash, but it didn't help.

Karen

Administrator
    Thanks
    Have you run Windows Update recently to see if there is anything for the C++ runtime?

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling FF?

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I just installed 14 windows updates. Maybe one of those will help. Yes, I have uninstalled and reinstalled FF several times. I am on the beta version 30.0. contemplated going back to the non beta one. I only get the messages when I am on facebook. Never on any other web page. I checked my drivers for updates also as was recommended in one of the articles.

Karen