Star Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook 2007 IMAP status

My wife runs a laptop with Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit. She still uses Outlook 2007. A couple of months back Charter swapped us from Pop3 to IMAP. Everything was going fine until last week. She was deleting her mail after reading it, but all it did was put a line through it. It doesn't make any difference where you hit the del button, whether on the computer keyboard or the "X" in Outlook, all it does is put a line through the file name. Nothing is deleted. I can go to the top bar and select "Hide deleted marked files" and it will do so, but they are just hidden, not deleted. I can separate the email with all the marked through ones together and the ones I want to keep on top. The marked ones have this written at their top: "IMAP Status: Marked for Deletion (39 items). Yet, nothing I do actually removes them. Turning the computer off and then turning it back on doesn't remove them. I've run "Repair." That doesn't do it. I've gone into the menu to make sure the box is marked where old email is to be deleted and removed when you turn the program off. That doesn't work. Surely there is something that can be done, I just haven't figured out what it is. Anyone know?

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    If "Leave a copy on the server" is checked/selected could Outlook be redownloading them again?

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I finally called Charter and found out they were having a problem, it wasn't Outlook. It finally got where both of us were receiving 5-6 copies of each email. When you receive 100-300 each day, that really was bad!
    The problem we're having with her laptop now (I'm not having it), is when she deletes an email, it only puts a line across it. When she exits out, they are not deleted. They are still there. I can hide them, but when I click to show my IMAP messages, they are still there. I'm not sure how to permanently delete them.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Try Edit, Purge ...

Bruce

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Now, why didn't I think of that? I guess because I didn't know. Thanks for the help. I REALLY appreciate it!!