Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lounger
    Thanks

Reimage: Caveat emptor

Impressed by their claims, and confident that a service advertised in the Newsletter would be trustworthy, I downloaded Reimage.

After a scan, I elected to purchase their "best option" and paid for a year's use.

I was unable to read the scan's report as the service was "unavailable".

My email to them, asking how I could read the report when it was apparently "unavailable" and asking for a refund, did not elicit a response.

A second email, repeating my request for a refund, was also ignored.

PayPal is useless. They can't (won't) help "because the purchased item was an on-line service".

As I say, caveat emptor.
    Equal rights for equal responsibilities.
    Equal opportunities for equal abilities.

Thanks
    Next time, post your question to the maintainence forum for advice on a decent image creation application
    if you are unsure of any potential choices. We'll discuss with you directly the options and features you might need.

Our ads that feature on the site are not PERSONALLY endorsed by us here, or any of the news writers, they are just revenew generating ads and that's all.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Motherboard: DX58SO2*Chipset: X58 Express/Intel ICH10*BIOS: SOX5820J.86A.0888.2012.0129.2203*Processor: Intel Core i7 CPU X 990
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 580*Memory: Corsair 12 GB, 4x3@1600*PSU: Corsair HX1000*Hard drives: REVO X2 160GB*OCZ VERT X3 120GB*5 mechanical storage drives (12 TB) total.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CLiNT View Post
    Next time, please post your question to the maintainence forum for advice on a decent image creation application
    if you are unsure of any potential choices. We'll discuss with you directly the options and features you might need.

Our ads that feature on the site are not PERSONALLY endorsed by us here, or any of the news writers, they are just revenew generating ads and that's all.
    Reimage is a misleading name. It replaces damaged files.

I never thought, nor did I imply, that the advertisements were an endorsement. Nevertheless, I believe that bad service merits bad publicity, that's why I posted my experience.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,167 Times in 1,071 Posts
    It's perfectly ok to post your experience. I don't like this type of app. The fact that you need to pay every year for the license or lose all changes made by the app seems ridiculous to me.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Why DON'T Windows Secrets vet / evaluate advertisements before posting them? That I would have thought should be a prime requirement. It degrades your own value by not doing so.

Thanks
    Why DON'T Windows Secrets vet / evaluate advertisements before posting them? That I would have thought should be a prime requirement. It degrades your own value by not doing so.
    You're probably right about that. It would be nice to select product advertisements that we actually do find valuable.
    But then again, decent things don't tend to need to be part of an anoying ad.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Motherboard: DX58SO2*Chipset: X58 Express/Intel ICH10*BIOS: SOX5820J.86A.0888.2012.0129.2203*Processor: Intel Core i7 CPU X 990
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 580*Memory: Corsair 12 GB, 4x3@1600*PSU: Corsair HX1000*Hard drives: REVO X2 160GB*OCZ VERT X3 120GB*5 mechanical storage drives (12 TB) total.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by CLiNT View Post
    You're probably right about that. It would be nice to select product advertisements that we actually do find valuable.
    But then again, decent things don't tend to need to be part of an anoying ad.
    Your report saved many people a lot of money. There is a feeling that Windows Secrets would not publish an ad for faulty software.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hardworker View Post
    Your report saved many people a lot of money. There is a feeling that Windows Secrets would not publish an ad for faulty software.
    I've never had any problems with Reimage. Used it for years. It worked as advertised for me.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    In the process of ordering this scamware did you use a credit card? or a bank account?
    You can stop payment on either one if it is less than 60 days by calling the CC or Bank and let PAYPAL take the hit but you may use PAY PAL so it's up to you.
    Thank you for the Heads Up it is important to share experience.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Some how Re-image got on my computer when I downloaded something else. [right not paying close attention] The program tried to take over my computer- redirecting web page, etc. I fought like the devil to get it off and finally got to their uninstall page and the thing re installed after that! I finally called in my computer engineer tech son to get rid of it.
    I was surprised Windows Secrets doesn't check out their advertisers also.
    Jeane37

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re-Image

Have used Re-Image for a few years, and have nothing but kind words for them. Has "saved my bacon" on occasion. I have had good luck contacting them the few times that I have had any kind of problem, and got good results. On one occasion, their representative spent hours fixing my setup. You can see everything that they do, while they do fix it remotely. Even ended up with some good software that they downloaded onto my computer in their efforts to set everything to rights. Normally, that sort of thing is unnecessary---it just works. Only complaint that I have is that it isn't fast, but still faster than a non-destructive re-install! Have occasionally heard reports like yours, but that hasn't been my experience. I wouldn't be without it, and it's not as expensive as it used to be. Usually, the complaints that I have heard involve statements that it isn't that great an antivirus tool, but that's not it's intended forte. It's really strong point is fixing residual damage left behind after malware has been removed---either by Re-Image, itself, or by some other anti-malware program. In that, it excels.
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Syncopator View Post
    Impressed by their claims, and confident that a service advertised in the Newsletter would be trustworthy, I downloaded Reimage.

After a scan, I elected to purchase their "best option" and paid for a year's use.

I was unable to read the scan's report as the service was "unavailable".

My email to them, asking how I could read the report when it was apparently "unavailable" and asking for a refund, did not elicit a response.

A second email, repeating my request for a refund, was also ignored.

PayPal is useless. They can't (won't) help "because the purchased item was an on-line service".

As I say, caveat emptor.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Lose all changes?

Quote Originally Posted by ruirib View Post
    It's perfectly ok to post your experience. I don't like this type of app. The fact that you need to pay every year for the license or lose all changes made by the app seems ridiculous to me.
    No. You don't "lose all changes" with Re-Image if you don't renew the yearly license.
    Gary

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re-Image on computer "accidentally"

Quote Originally Posted by jeane37 View Post
    Some how Re-image got on my computer when I downloaded something else. [right not paying close attention] The program tried to take over my computer- redirecting web page, etc. I fought like the devil to get it off and finally got to their uninstall page and the thing re installed after that! I finally called in my computer engineer tech son to get rid of it.
    I was surprised Windows Secrets doesn't check out their advertisers also.
    Jeane37
    Could you have Re-Image mixed up with something else? It would be really hard to get it on you computer *without you paying the subscription price for it*. Also, it doesn't take over you computer and doesn't redirect web pages. I really think that it had to be some other program---some malware that you got on your computer, but not Re-Image.
    Gary

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have used Reimage for a couple of years now and they have given helpful service and rescued my pc at one time. I have not had problems with them.

Cheers,

Olleym

Lounger
    Thanks
    Reimage finally got in touch with me.

Refunds are subject to having run their UNDO facility, which is supposed to appear when uninstalling. They are able to tell this has been done as the process is recorded on their system.

I had uninstalled Reimage using IOBit's Uninstaller and the UNDO facility didn't appear.

After explaining this in response to Reimage's message, I asked if it would be possible for them to confirm this if I dowloaded Reimage again, ran it and then uninstalled it again. To which they replied in the affirmative.

However I did a bit of searching on the web and discovered this http://botcrawl.com/how-to-remove-th...age-pc-repair/

Having satisfied myself that my system is clear of any Reimage leftovers, I will not download again etc etc, and will put this incident down to experience.

I long ago adopted the poilicy of trying never to be caught twice the same way.

Your good health.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast