Thanks

Adding program icons to the notification area

I just finished installing LastPass on my Windows Ecosystem so that all my devices are now the same. On my Win7 laptop I have my previous password manager on my taskbar, and it also shows up in the Notification Area. LastPass is also on my task bar, however it does not show up in the Notification Area. With my previous manager, even though it was on the taskbar I could not open it from there. Instead I opened it from the Notification Area. That however is not the case, and my request may prove to be a moot point given the number of ways that I can open it. Regardless, how can I put the icon in the notification area in both Win 7 and Win 8.1.

Thanks
    John
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I've not accomplished it with anything other than the programs doing it and only for those programs/applications that run in the background such as AntiVirus, AntiMalware, Microsoft OneNote, IBM Lotus Symphony, Camera, etc.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,139 Times in 1,050 Posts
    Indeed, as Berton stated, this is the app that decides whether it will show in the notification area or not. If it is added by the program, they you can configured how it will behave there, but you can't add it on your own.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Thanks
    Ok, Thanks all
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Thanks
    John,

You've probably already tried this but have you hit the Customize button after clicking the up arrow at the right of the notification area and then seeing if the Last Pass entry is there and setting it to Show icon and notifications. HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

VBA Rules!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Thanks
    Yessir, tried that.....Just finished uninstalling all traces of my previous manager prior to your reply, and thought what the heck lets look again. Opened it up and even though I had removed the program, it still shows up albeit grayed out in the icon area...
    Thanks John

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Maybe this can help:

How to Reset the Notification Area Icons Cache in Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8
    http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...ons-reset.html