Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    New Lounger
    Thanks

Saving links on line - it's a great way to go!

There is a Chrome extensiion and a Firefox addon that put a link in a password protected website that you can come back to and find the name of the article and the link. It's called Instapaper. It has two functions "Read Later" and "instapaper". The first will save your page link. Just so you don''t panic, in Chrome your screen goes black and "Saved" shows up. The second will take you to a login page after which you will see all your saved pages. You just click on them to open.
    Instapaper works really well and you can a paid version (really cheap) to store more links. You can email a link to someone from you screen and make folders for filing your link. All told it's an amazing app for little money.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    One more suggestion is Pocket (formerly Read It Later). You can save pages to a reading list to read when you have time. It also has an offline reading mode that lets you read the items you’ve saved even without a network connection.
    Pocket is available as an add-on to browsers (I have it in my Firefox) and to Android and iPad/iPhone devices. Here is it's homepage: https://getpocket.com/

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi everyone,
    thanks for all the responses.

A lot of new stuff for me and some successful answers. Many suggestions were not appropriate for what I was looking for and some were complicated for me.
    I have found the text answer with 'Clearly'. It lets me do an easy copy with outthe need to format and will even include picture in the text. For pictures I will use Microsoft Snipping Tool. Simple and with a choice of what to save as. I kicked myself for forgetting about going to the page source and copying the html, but it does have some formatting work which is bypassed with 'Clearly"

So a big thanks to all who responded and I am pleased thatmy query seemed to have been useful to more than just myself.

Cheers,
    Olleym.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Try printliminator.
    "The Printliminator is a bookmarklet with some simple tools you can use to make websites print better. One click to activate, and then click to remove elements from the page, remove graphics, and apply better print styling."
    See http://www.css-tricks.com/examples/ThePrintliminator/. I couldn't find it via Firefox/Tools/Adons.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Print to PDF is awesome but if you try to copy and paste every letter is separated by spaces. Ctrl H can eliminate the spaces but the letters are then one continuous string. Is there an elegant solution to this?

Thanks
    Hi Olleym,
    Since you are already indoctrinated in the Microsoft Office system, and since OneNote is an OS-agnostic utility/app and a FREEware; I would recommend you its use above all others.
    To become a true file-nerd with OneNote, you can create separate Notebook/Group/Section and multiple dedicated Pages under them and keep adding new website snippets as your "Things To Read (T2R)".
    And if you have OneNote properly setup, when you copy/paste to OneNote (even a single line of a website), it normally adds an end line to paste action that tells you the exact webpage it was copied from, so you can single click back to that website page, directly. Like so:
    ...Is there an elegant solution to this? ...
    Pasted from <http://windowssecrets.com/forums/showthread.php/162644-Not-able-to-copy-from-a-webpage/page3>
    If you prefer NOT to use OneNote, you can probably handle this task by creating a special BookMarks/Favorites in your browser (FF/IE) folder named "T2R" and simply drag/drop the web address into this folder as you need to. For extra credit, you can right-click the 'Properties' of this newly created BookMark/Favorite and give it a proper title and maybe even a date code (such as "20140702_WindowsSecretsForum-CopyWebpage") for easier future retrieval if your T2R folder starts backing up.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Clipcashe Pro which attaches to your right click options. Seems to copy anything. Been using it over 50 years. Jim

http://www.xrayz.co.uk/download/clipcache

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jambo313 View Post
    Clipcashe Pro which attaches to your right click options. Seems to copy anything. Been using it over 50 years. Jim

http://www.xrayz.co.uk/download/clipcache
    15 perhaps, not 50.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    If you use the Reading View in the IE 11 Metro Browser of Windows 8, all unnecessary images, ads side columns etc. will be removed. You can then select the complete page with Ctrl-A and send it OneNote, Evernote, email etc. with the Share Charm. You can also paste it in Word. My Two Bits from a Windows 8.1 user.

See My Blog at http://dnyankosh.wordpress.com/ for useful tips on Windows 8

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123