Results 1 to 2 of 2
2014-06-15, 15:01 #1
- Join Date
- May 2010
- Colorado, United States
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
managing right click context menu
I have XP Pro sp3. I need to manage, edit, add, delete items in the context menu for files, & folders. I have downloaded several free programs, none of which work for me. I have worked with the registry but it does not list the total items in the menu that I want to delete. I have about 30 entries in a context menu as well as 20+ in the send to menu associated with the context menu. I have never intentionally added items to those menus and I use only about a dozen items. How can I edit those menus ie. delete those I do not nor will ever use.
Please don't tell me to upgrade to 7 or 8. My situation is not currently compatable to upgrading.
2014-06-15, 15:26 #2
- Join Date
- Mar 2004
- Manning, South Carolina
- Thanked 1,117 Times in 1,022 Posts
Most of those items will have been placed there by programs you have loaded. I would suggest you:
- Take an image backup for safety!
- Uninstall any program you are not using and see what that gets rid of.
- Click on the remaining items and see which program opens. Then check the programs settings and see if you can eliminate the items from there.
- If you're adventuresome you can edit the registry. See the third (by Kelly) here for locations.