Thanks

Default Contacts folder in Outlook 2010

I found it, I think. It is in the Options for the Address Book that you can set it.

CB
    -------------

I am trying to get my Contacts, when I click the "To" button in an email, to show a different Contacts folder than it does.

I found this link (below) on the web, by Susan Hawkins. I tried it, but it didn't give me the right folder.

How can I fix this?

Regards,
    Chuck

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/mic...ntacts-folder/
    Last edited by CWBillow; 2014-07-25 at 20:25.
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Administrator
    Thanks
    The referenced article is talking about the default folder when you click on Contacts/People not the "To" button.

I would expect the Contact folder for the account you are using to send the email to be the first for that email. When I change the "from" the Contact folder associated with that account is primary. If the account has no contact folder then the Contact folder for the default account is primary.

Joe

Thanks
    But wouldn't all contacts have some folder? --- Unless I am responding to an email that I hadn't as yet used, so that it had no "home" as yet, like those that Outlook collects as suggested contacts?

And if it is picking the default, THAT'S the one I want to configure, because, I pretty much have all my contacts in one folder. So if I can get it so that one folder is "always" the default, I would then be a happy camper.

Chuck
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

Administrator
    Thanks
    I'm afraid you can't do that. You receive email for a certain account and when you reply to an email that is the account which is the default reply address. The default reply account is also the account which controls which Contacts/People folder you'll see first. I know of no way to change that behavior.

Joe

Thanks
    If I always reply from the same account, would it then draw upon one contacts folder -- the one "attached" to the one account?

Chuck

Administrator
    Thanks
    It should.

Joe

Thanks
    I'll try to keep an eye out and see if it works that way...That adjustment I could make pretty easily.

Chuck