5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Question Email messages not being received by UK recipient

This issue began about a month ago after several months with no issues re. emails between us. It is not happening with any other email recipient.

Suddenly. my messages are not being received at the other end. He is on my white list as I am on his; my email server has checked and said that my messages are being received at his end, but he is not getting them. He said his email server tech support were of no help at his end.

I am able to communicate only by using the contact form on his business web site. His messages to me at the same email address I use to send to him come through just fine.

Last message he asked: "I wonder if it's become blocked on your computer by the email client or your virus or other software?"

Can a Lounger tell me how I go about checking these things? Or does anyone have any other ideas of what could be causing this issue?

I use Windows Live Mail 2012 as my email client; system is Windows 7 Home Premium SP1.

Thanks for any help or suggestions. He and I have tried everything we can think of - and he has technical ability!

Linda

Thanks
    Does he have any security software that checks Emails?

Jerry

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I believe he has, Jerry, but has already checked to be sure it isn't causing the problem.

What is so weird is all was working fine up until recently and neither of us has changed email clients or added new security software.

Linda

Thanks
    How did he check it? Did he try disabling the mail checker and then see if he can receive an email from you? It could be due to a Security software or signature update.

Jerry

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Even though others can receive your e-mails, it may still be worth checking to see if any blacklisting is involved http://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx if your friend is able to receive emails from others without problem.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks to both of you.

Jerry, he asked me to check at my end for those things. Are you saying that it must be something at his end if he is the only one not receiving messages from me?

Sudo15: Similar question: is the blacklisting something for him or me to check?

Sorry if I'm a bit dense! My "problem recipient" is a WordPress site designer/programmer I do business with so I'm kind of assuming he knows more about all this than I do! He is also totally co-operative so I'm happy to ask him any questions you think would help clear this up. He and I have been working on the issue without success for a month now!

I appreciate your suggestions and help!

Linda

Thanks
    Jerry, he asked me to check at my end for those things. Are you saying that it must be something at his end if he is the only one not receiving messages from me?
    Absolutely. Have him disable his security software temporarily while you send him a test Email. If he is the only recipient having problems, either his mail or security software is blocking your emails. As Sudo suggested, also have him check his Email client's blacklists and check his junk folder for your emails. One other thing to look for is whether his ISP's Spam filter is catching your Emails.

Jerry

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Spam filters look out for certain words, so depending upon the frequency and content of your e-mails, they could have been treated as spam and blacklisted your email server, but that wouldn't necessarily affect any that you would send to others - although this may still not be the reason why he isn't receiving them.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Okay, thanks. I've sent him a link to this thread and will let you know outcome.

Much appreciate your suggestions.

Linda

P.S. Also working with the blacklist link Sudo15 sent to see what I can learn from it.
    UPDATE: checked both my sending and provider/recipient's email addresses on the site and both were OK. Great site, by the way - thanks for making me aware of it.
    Last edited by IreneLinda; 2014-06-19 at 17:33. Reason: Added Update

Thanks
    I suspect Homeland Security..
    "If You Are Reading This In English, Thank A VET"

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Of course! Now why didn't I think of that?! Enjoyed the chuckle in the midst of a bit of frustration.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Update: a miracle of technology ... for some mysterious reason, it is now working again! I'd sent this thread to my UK contact, but before he did anything on it, the email started to flow from me to him again on the original problem account.

Thanks to all of you for your advice and suggestions. Wish all such technical issues resolved on their own ... although I could do without the frustration!!

Linda