4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Can't Recover from Office 2013 Crash

Office 2013 has crashed and I cannot seem to recover completely. When I started using the computer today, Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Access all refused to load in regular or safe mode. They tried to find a solution online but failed.

I first went to the control panel and tried the simpler repair. That did not work. I then tried the complete repair. That took a long, long time and got the programs to sort of work. However, trying to copy anything into the clipboard causes an immediate crash.

I pulled out the Office DVD and tried a complete reinstall. Clicking on the setup program causes the User Account Control warning and then nothing. I've tried rebooting numerous times and still cannot run the setup program.

Weirdly, Office 2003 on the same machine continues to run just fine.

Any suggestions?

Ronny
    Ronny Richardson

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    After a lot of work, I believe I have solved the problem. I recently installed Adobe Acrobat Pro and, as part of the process, it installed add-ins for the Office programs. Once I disabled those, the problem went away.

I should have realized it sooner, Adobe software has always been flaky.

Ronny
    Ronny Richardson

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I just ran into a similar problem. Tried to launch Excel and got "Click-To-Run" has stopped. Thought I would just FIX the program but it never worked. It came up with an error code of 1610612703-4. While trying to Google the code I got Microsoft popping up. They wanted $100 and to get access to my computer using TeamViewer to "Fix" the problem. Told them at this point I just want to delete the application Microsoft Office 365 Pro Plus. I am unable to do this as well.
    I also have kept Office 2007 and so I am not totally hosed, but I bet there will be a lot of people who are. When I attempted to run Excel 2013 by clicking on the file name I got "Problem Sending CMD To The Program". It appears that maybe my subscription ran out and they just locked everything up, but I have no way of really knowing.

Paul

Administrator
    Thanks
    @PSW,

Your problem is completely different. See if I cannot open any office programs after installing updates helps.

Joe

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PSW View Post
    While trying to Google the code I got Microsoft popping up. They wanted $100 and to get access to my computer using TeamViewer to "Fix" the problem.
    Those sites and chat popups may say Microsoft Support, but they are not actually Microsoft.

Bruce