Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    2 Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    113
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    What does IP-7534 pop-up message mean?

    Hi,

    Just got this pop-up, googled it, no answers, what does it mean?

    You have recently added to the PP library a new JS code that is using AMD (calling define function). This should not happen. You should clean the code from any call to define. See IP-7534 and any linked cases in JIRA for more information.

    cheers,

    klx

  2. #2
    New Lounger
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Ithaca, New York, USA
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
    I just received the exact same message at the instant I opened this web page:

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...140624130250:s

    Going back to that same page above again and again causes the message to be shown again and again. It appears the JavaScript at the above webpage (and others?) has a problem, at least for the Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer browsers.

    I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP-1, Mozilla Firefox 30.0, and Internet Explorer 11.

    Stu
    Last edited by sb06794; 2014-06-24 at 11:48.

  3. #3
    New Lounger
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sb06794 View Post
    I just received the exact same message at the instant I opened this web page:

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...140624130250:s

    Going back to that same page above again and again causes the message to be shown again and again. It appears the JavaScript at the above webpage (and others?) has a problem, at least for the Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer browsers.

    I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP-1, Mozilla Firefox 30.0, and Internet Explorer 11.

    Stu

    I'm getting the same error message, mainly on Newegg. Clicking on the above link gives me the message every time. I've only started experiencing this error message in the last 5 days.

    Using Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, Firefox 30 (primarily) and Internet Explorer 11. I get the same error messages in both. It only appears on the occasional page but as noted above, it occurs every time. I'm suspecting something on that page utilizes Java and makes a bad call. Irritating!

  4. #4
    New Lounger
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Ithaca, New York, USA
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JonBalz View Post
    I'm getting the same error message, mainly on Newegg. Clicking on the above link gives me the message every time. I've only started experiencing this error message in the last 5 days.

    Using Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, Firefox 30 (primarily) and Internet Explorer 11. I get the same error messages in both. It only appears on the occasional page but as noted above, it occurs every time. I'm suspecting something on that page utilizes Java and makes a bad call. Irritating!
    I have Java, but it's turned off for all browsers. I don't think this problem has anything to do with Java. When the message says "... a new JS code ..." I'm sure it means JavaScript which has absolutely nothing to do with Java.

    Stu

  5. #5
    Silver Lounger Banyarola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Big Indian, New York
    Posts
    1,854
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 63 Times in 52 Posts
    I would email Newegg and tell them they have a bad script running and let them fix it.

    As you said, JAVA and Javascript are two entirely different things..
    There are few sites that use JAVA any longer..
    I un-installed JAVA a long time ago and have never had a problem with a site..
    "If You Are Reading This In English, Thank A VET"

  6. #6
    New Lounger
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Ithaca, New York, USA
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Banyarola View Post
    I would email Newegg and tell them they have a bad script running and let them fix it.

    As you said, JAVA and Javascript are two entirely different things..
    There are few sites that use JAVA any longer..
    I un-installed JAVA a long time ago and have never had a problem with a site..
    I sent an email to Newegg yesterday (6/24/2014) but haven't heard anything back yet. I'd be very interested in knowing if anyone has had this problem on any other websites beside Newegg. If so, please specify the URL in your posting.

    I just tried the Newegg web page that was causing the problem:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...140624130250:s
    It no longer causes the problem. My email must have instigated a solution, but I've received nothing from Newegg. I would have hoped it would have been worth a new SSD.

    Thanks,
    Stu
    Last edited by sb06794; 2014-06-25 at 12:20.

  7. #7
    Silver Lounger Banyarola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Big Indian, New York
    Posts
    1,854
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 63 Times in 52 Posts
    I use Newegg a lot but you have to shop around because a lot of their 'specials' can be purchased elsewhere for less...

    Anyway, they fixed the problem so that settles that...
    "If You Are Reading This In English, Thank A VET"

  8. #8
    Lounger
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Dont click on the link... Problem solved!

  9. #9
    Silver Lounger Banyarola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Big Indian, New York
    Posts
    1,854
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 63 Times in 52 Posts
    There you go...
    "If You Are Reading This In English, Thank A VET"

  10. #10
    3 Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    291
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 27 Times in 27 Posts
    Well, guys, that page says the product costs $199 which is incorrect. Try this page instead: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-248-_-Product

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •