New Lounger
    Thanks

setpoint32 error and MS office cannot verify licence

Ideas please. Since this morning when I boot in normal mode everything looks fine except I am unable to use any programs getting a setpoint32 error and MS Office cannot verify the licence.

I can boot into Safe Mode without the setpoint32 error but Office programs still are unable to verify the licence. I can use some programs (JVTools, firefox, picasa etc). The Logitech mouse works fine.

I have done a complete virus check (nothing shows up) and cleaned the Registry but to no avail). I would really appreciate some ideas as to how to proceed. I am a long time user but admit to being a little lost here.

David

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by davbla View Post
    Ideas please. Since this morning when I boot in normal mode everything looks fine except I am unable to use any programs getting a setpoint32 error and MS Office cannot verify the licence.

I can boot into Safe Mode without the setpoint32 error but Office programs still are unable to verify the licence. I can use some programs (JVTools, firefox, picasa etc). The Logitech mouse works fine.

I have done a complete virus check (nothing shows up) and cleaned the Registry but to no avail). I would really appreciate some ideas as to how to proceed. I am a long time user but admit to being a little lost here.

David
    Antimalwarebytes seemed to resolve the setpoint32 issue and this resolved (fingers crossed) the Office problem. >> make sure the system service "Office Software Protection Platform Service " is running. Goto Control Panel --> select service "Office Software Protection Platform Service " and Startup type should be Automatic and service status should be "Started"<<

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I thought I had solved this one but unfortunately not. The basic recurring problem (intermittent but frequent) is the setpoint32 error. I have done several deep virus checks using Vipre, I have run Antimalwarebytes twice and "fixed" ad cleaned my system using JV16 Power Tools and it still happens. The short term solution is to leave my PC running but this will not work when updates come along.

Any ideas what to try next?

Thankyou David