New Lounger
    Thanks

Euro Currency (Office XP)

I know there is a way to convert all existing worksheets referring to currencies into Euros and paste the new values to a new worksheet ...BUT... is there a way to start Excel with Euro as the default currency?
    I guess there must be a way -which might be easy enough to make the posting seem silly- but in any case, any help will be greatly appreciated

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Euro Currency (Office XP)

I take it that you want to display the euro symbol in front of currency numbers. The currency symbol is part of Window's regional settings.

In your regional settings, select the currency tab (where this is varies with the version of Windows you are running). Select the euro symbol as the currency symbol.

Then in Excel, whenever you format a cell as currency it will display the euro symbol. At least that's what it does on my system.

Regards,

Kevin Bell

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Euro Currency (Office XP)

Thank you ever so much. You first phrase was the answer to my question. It is not a matter of Excel after all, but of regional settings -which makes it silly of me for not having thought of it. I guess I must start thinking eurowise
    Once again thank you

Regards
    Vassilis