Lounger
    Thanks

Question Bypass Message during Boot-up?

Hello !

I have a couple of PC's which I use to operate a remote Amateur Astronomical Observatory. I use a remote control software product to control them. Both PC's are running Windows-7 Pro. Occasionally I run into a problem (usually following a long power outage) where a PC during Boot-up will be left at a prompt indicating that it did not shutdown normally and do I want to run Windows Recovery or Boot-up Windows normally. Since Windows is NOT up and I can not Remote into the PC at that point, I can NOT respond to the message. I would prefer that it continue to boot Windows normally, perhaps after some delay??

My Question to the group, is there any Patch that available that can be installed that after x-seconds to perform a normal Windows Boot-up?
    It's been suggested that I use BCDEDIT to modify:
    bootstatuspolicy IgnoreAllFailures
    Ignore errors if there is a failed boot, failed shutdown, or failed checkpoint. The computer will attempt to boot normally after an error occurs.

Since I'm not familiar with this BCDEDIT value, I'm not clear if this will do what I want or not.

Ideas?
    Bill

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts