Lounger
    Thanks

Windows Live Mail Default

Hi
    I recently upgraded by PC to Windows 7 from XP and installed Windows Live Mail 2012 but am having a problem with sending emails with photo attachments.

My problem is when I have a photo open in Windows Photo Viewer and then click on the E Mail button to attach it to a new email, it asks to attach the file and what size, once I have done that it then wants me to log into Windows Live Mail which I cancel as I use email through my ISP. On the following screen it has the New Email box open and the photo is embedded in the email and stating to Enter a Photo Album here and says it will be available on Onedrive. (See attached)

Naturally I don't want this as I only want to attach the photo.

I'm assuming there is a way to change this but I have looked everywhere and can't find how to do it.

I'm hoping someone here can help

Looking forward to any suggestions

Cheers
    Dax
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I use Webmail through my Domain Hosting service and have found it easiest to first create the message, click the Browse button to locate the file on my HDD then click Attach followed by Send. Some installed programs are limited to using only an installed E-Mail Client but if that is not set up it does fail.
    Last edited by Berton; 2014-06-24 at 21:54.

Thanks
    Hi Dax, you can use the 'Single photo' option as many times as you want to put a photo in the body of the message. You might have to resize it first if its too large.

RR.JPG
    George's PC Specs. / Laptop. Desktop.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Berton & Roderunner
    Thanks for the feedback. Yes I already use webmaster (on occasions) and single photo and drag and drop from. my computer.
    What I was after was how to change the email link default so that it adds the photo/file instead of photo album and onedrive

Cheers
    Dax

Thanks
    Hi Dax,
    When I add a photo to my messages, I add them from 'Libraries' > 'Pictures', where they are stored.

RR.png
    George's PC Specs. / Laptop. Desktop.

Thanks
    I just opened a new email, clicked on "Attach" and had no problems at all. I attached a photo from my library, then attached one from OneDrive. No difference.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)