New Lounger
    Thanks

Mail merge variable photo issues

Hi!

After spending alot of time here trying to get the mail merge photo code to work I decided to register and ask. I can't get my code to work and I have no idea what I've done wrong. I always make sure to press ctrl + a then f9 to refresh before I preview result. Here is the code:

{IF {INCLUDEPICTURE { IF TRUE ”C:/Users/******/Desktop/HEMNET LOGOS/{ MERGEFIELD STAD }.png”} \d}{INCLUDEPICTURE { IF TRUE “C:/Users/******/Desktop/HEMNET Logos/{ MERGEFIELD STAD }.png”} \d}}

The ****** in the directory is by choice .

Thank you!

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks
    I'm not sure what you mean by 'The ****** in the directory is by choice'. If you mean you want the '******' to be variable, you have three options:
    1. Use a ASK field to solicit the folder name;
    2. Use a USERNAME field to insert the name;
    3. Use a Relative field path.
    Other than that, there seems to be a space missing from your field construction:
    {IF {INCLUDEPICTURE { IF TRUE ”C:/Users/******/Desktop/HEMNET LOGOS/{ MERGEFIELD STAD }.png”} \d} {INCLUDEPICTURE { IF TRUE “C:/Users/******/Desktop/HEMNET Logos/{ MERGEFIELD STAD }.png”} \d}}
    So, you could use:
    1. {ASK "User?" \o}{IF {INCLUDEPICTURE { IF TRUE ”C:/Users/{Ref User}/Desktop/HEMNET LOGOS/{ MERGEFIELD STAD }.png”} \d} {INCLUDEPICTURE { IF TRUE “C:/Users/{USERNAME}/Desktop/HEMNET Logos/{ MERGEFIELD STAD }.png”} \d}}
    2. {IF {INCLUDEPICTURE { IF TRUE ”C:/Users/{Ref User}/Desktop/HEMNET LOGOS/{ MERGEFIELD STAD }.png”} \d} {INCLUDEPICTURE { IF TRUE “C:/Users/{USERNAME}/Desktop/HEMNET Logos/{ MERGEFIELD STAD }.png”} \d}}
    3. {IF {INCLUDEPICTURE { IF TRUE ”{FILENAME \p}/../HEMNET LOGOS/{ MERGEFIELD STAD }.png”} \d} {INCLUDEPICTURE { IF TRUE “{FILENAME \p}/../HEMNET Logos/{ MERGEFIELD STAD }.png”} \d}}
    Note: The exact requirements of the '{FILENAME \p}/../' substitution depends on where the mailmerge main document is stored. See: http://windowssecrets.com/forums/sho...External-Files
    Cheers,

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]