New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook cannot keep stable connection with Exchange Server

Windows 8.1 tablet
    Office 2010 Standard with SP2

One user out of 100 has an issue where his Outlook will not keep a consistent connection with Exchange.

Before we changed his computer there was no issues. We swapped him to the new machine and the problem appeared.

There are no good log entries to go off of. The best error report I got was RPC over HTTP error port 6001 1818.

I have yet to find a post where someone is troubleshoot the client and not the server.

My solution right now is buying another machine, configure for the person, send it and have him send the old unit back to get formatted and loaded from scratch.

I've removed the firewall and virus protection with same results.

Keep in mind I have 5 other similar configured units that are working without issue. All have the same software loaded.

Curious if anyone might have an intelligent reason to what might be causing this.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    My only suggestion would be to check the network connectivity for a flaky adapter, or if you have a dock connect it hard wired and see if it's OK.

cheers, Paul

New Lounger
    Thanks
    The tablet only has wireless. We did reload the driver and made sure it was the newest one. The server continue to respond to pings, but that is a different port than the one it is failing on. However does tell me that at least we do have internet connectivity.

Side Note- continues on power or on battery.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    I'd still suspect the network card, but the only way to tell is to connect to an business grade WAP and view the packet stats. If you have a lot of malformed packets it is most likely the network card.

cheers, Paul

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Connect your Outlook with Microsoft Exchange Server in a right way. Read this blog:

If still you would be having the same problem, get back here. How to connect MS Outlook 2010 to Microsoft Exchange Server?

Regards.