Star Lounger
    Thanks

Problem with both Outlook 2013 & 2007

I have a desktop with Windows 8.1 Pro and my wife's laptop has the same. We both have Norton firewall and anti-virus. I have Outlook 2013 and she runs Outlook 2007. Three days ago both of us could receive email, but when we tried sending, a Norton error menu popped up saying the email did not go through because it was seen as spam. We were also told to contact our IP which is Charter.net/postmaster. When I talked to Tech, they said they were not blocking me that it must be Norton's fault. So, I called Norton. The Tech took Norton off my computer. When I tried sending an email, I got the same error message, it just wasn't in a Norton menu. So, it wasn't Norton. Norton reinstalled their program. Since then, I have called Charter back three times over the last 2 days and each time the Tech is kicking it upstairs to the supervisor. The supervisor is supposed to call but never does. I thought there might be a conflict between Norton and Malwarebytes, so I took Malwarebytes off my computer. That didn't help. I've checked the 2007 junk mail filter and it is set at low. I haven't located the junk filter for 2013 yet. But, my wife still has her email blocked. I started to take both Outlook programs off each computer and reinstall, but I don't think that will help since they are different issued programs and we are both having the same problem that started at the same time. I am looking for solutions though. Has anyone else had this kind of problem? It is strange that everything was working great Monday, but Tuesday morning both of us had the same problem and 3 different Techs at Charter have no idea why this is happening. I also have a gmail address and I can send and receive email OK. I can go to Charter's website and get into my mail that way. Slow, but it works. I can send and receive there. We just can't do it here at the house.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Helping a client I found this page:
    https://mscharter.custhelp.com/app/a...etail/a_id/435
    I followed the settings and it worked fine. Seems Charter made some changes but didn't get their ducks in a row for awhile, in part failing to notify their customers in a timely fashion.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook 2013 & 2007

Yes, I know. I've been with them almost 30 years and they failed to inform us they had changed from pop.charter.net to imap.charter.net. When I called about having a problem previously, they informed me. I spent from last Tuesday until yesterday trying to resolve this problem. I was using my gmail address to send things received from Charter. I had called 5 times to Charter to get it straight, giving them the error message each time. Since the code names for the error were not the same as theirs, they tried to blame it first on Norton. I called Norton and they took their program completely off my computer, but I still got the error. Norton reinstalled it, apologized, I thanked them and called Charter again. They blamed it on Outlook. So I installed Thunderbird and it did the same. I went to Charter's Help to make sure I had everything correct in Thunderbird and Outlook. I did. Finally, on the fifth call, the tech told me to send an email to unblock@charter.net. I informed her that I could not send. She said I could. So, I tried, it went through, and within 5 hours we were unblocked.

Ah, computing is great until there is a problem! Thanks for everyone's help. Great to have Windows Secrets!!!!!!