New Lounger
    Thanks

Upgrading to IE 11

Hi.

I get the error "WindowsUpdate_00009C48"+"WindowsUpdate_dt000" when i try to upgrade to IE 11 by Windows Update.
    When i download IE 11 from Microsoft and try to install it i get this error: (translated from Danish)
    Installation of Internet Explorer was not completed because a newer version is installed
    I have tried FixIT.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Have you ever had IE 11 installed ?

Check Installed Updates to see what it has listed.

Thanks
    The following applies to a failed IE 10 install but may apply here by incrementing the IE numbers:
    http://superuser.com/questions/58699...and-install-ie

Jerry

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Sorry, i was too quick. Yes, i can see that IE 11 was installed succesfully 12/12-2013, and is the current version, but why do i get those errors from Windows Update. Also Secunia PSI tells me to upgrade to IE 11

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    You will get those errors when trying to install the original version of IE 11 because since its release for Win 7 it has had a number security updates etc. which make your current install a newer version.

Go into Windows Updates and do a manual Check for updates as Secunia could be picking up that you don't have all of them.

You could also download Belarc Advisor which will say if it detects that your system is missing any updates, although if you have used Disk Cleanup as an administrator to clean out obsolete Windows Updates, it may detect that an older one is missing which you can ignore if it turns out that is the case when you Google that KB number and Windows Updates doesn't prompt for it.
    Last edited by Sudo15; 2014-06-28 at 09:41.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Sudo15 View Post
    You will get those errors when trying to install the original version of IE 11 because since its release for Win 7 it has had a number security updates etc. which make your current install a newer version.

Go into Windows Updates and do a manual Check for updates as Secunia could be picking up that you don't have all of them.

You could also download Belarc Advisor which will say if it detects that your system is missing any updates, although if you have used Disk Cleanup as an administrator to clean out obsolete Windows Updates, it may detect that an older one is missing which you can ignore if it turns out that is the case when you Google that KB number and Windows Updates doesn't prompt for it.
    Hi.

Belarc Advisor helped med telling i was missing two KB's.
    One of them was a cumulative update to IE11 - not shown by Windows Update? - when it was installed the problem was gone.
    Thanks a lot.

Lennart

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Glad that you've sorted it and thanks for the update (no pun intended )