Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    New Lounger
    Thanks
    They supplied the Switch FOC as under New Zealand Consumer rules, a product has to be fit for the purpose it was bought, in many cases years after a so called manufacturers warranty has run out. Having told them the switch may be faulty, they seemed happy to replace it, but this time I have asked for a local PC shop to make the change (one they recommend and familiar with their cases)

Not sure where the earth for the MoBo is, but will check that.

Unfortunately, nothing (as far as a solution) seems to fit the work-around that switching of the power allows a normal start. I don't have another PSU but I don't think that would be a problem, as I would expect other 'power' associated problems, especially under hard gaming conditions, or extended running and everything heating up.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Hopefully the local PC shop will be able to make some sense of it if you ask them to investigate after/before changing the switch.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Googling computer repair shops - New Zealand came up with a number of sites but these would depend upon where exactly you are located to their cities.

Came across this one which could be promising as I think they do home visits and may have someone nearby http://technology-solved.co.nz/

New Lounger
    Thanks

Solved

Quote Originally Posted by Sudo15 View Post
    Googling computer repair shops - New Zealand came up with a number of sites but these would depend upon where exactly you are located to their cities.

Came across this one which could be promising as I think they do home visits and may have someone nearby http://technology-solved.co.nz/
    This problem never went away, BUT after upgrading to Win10, all is perfect for start-up and no longer have to pull the power plug.

Go figure!

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotuku View Post
    This problem never went away, BUT after upgrading to Win10, all is perfect for start-up and no longer have to pull the power plug.

Go figure!
    Don't we have to love Microsoft for making some of our problems disappear.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Just came across this thread, and it makes interesting reading. Water under the bridge now, and it's good that your problem has gone away, but if upgrading to W10 has fixed it then that would seem to point to a software problem with W8.1 and/or with one of your applications running under that OS. In all your discussions about switches etc., you didn't ever really mention software issues. Maybe a Windows Update item was the culprit? Maybe a re-install of 8.1 would have fixed it? Maybe a removal and selective re-enabling of startup items would have shown something? Just a thought, but I'm curious about whether the problem was within 8.1 itself, and if so, whether it's a known problem.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123