Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    New Lounger
    Thanks
    They supplied the Switch FOC as under New Zealand Consumer rules, a product has to be fit for the purpose it was bought, in many cases years after a so called manufacturers warranty has run out. Having told them the switch may be faulty, they seemed happy to replace it, but this time I have asked for a local PC shop to make the change (one they recommend and familiar with their cases)

Not sure where the earth for the MoBo is, but will check that.

Unfortunately, nothing (as far as a solution) seems to fit the work-around that switching of the power allows a normal start. I don't have another PSU but I don't think that would be a problem, as I would expect other 'power' associated problems, especially under hard gaming conditions, or extended running and everything heating up.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Hopefully the local PC shop will be able to make some sense of it if you ask them to investigate after/before changing the switch.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Googling computer repair shops - New Zealand came up with a number of sites but these would depend upon where exactly you are located to their cities.

Came across this one which could be promising as I think they do home visits and may have someone nearby http://technology-solved.co.nz/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123