Lounger
    Thanks

Sent Items confusion

I am using Outlook 2013 with Microsoft Exchange and that is working very well. If I send email, then a copy of it appears in the Sent items just as I want it to. I have always used POP before, but there are definitely advantages to using the Exchange server since it is available to us.

Being cognizant of the 2 GB limit, I keep most of my email in the Personal Folders and effectively have a 2 GB buffer for my email to work with, which is plenty.

One thing surprised me, though. If I do a reply on an email that resides in the Personal Folders (PST file), I notice that the saved copy of the email I just sent ends up in the folder I am in, rather than the Sent Items under my Exchange user. The email gets sent out...that part works the way I expect. Is there some way to make the sent email end up in "Sent items", either under my Exchange user or in Personal Folders? It's just annoying to have the copy of the email suddenly appear in the same folder that I am in, as if something were broken.

Is this behavior something particular to Exchange or would it always happen, even if I was using POP? Normally, the email would be in the Inbox and it would work just as I expect. But since I move mail over to my Personal Folders more often now, I find I am replying to some emails after I move them to Personal Folders instead of before.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Check your Outlook options - File | Options | Mail | Save Messages (section). The check box for "When replying to a message that is not in the Inbox..." should be clear to save in all in Sent Items. Note: Further down in the same section "Save a copy in Sent Items" must be checked.

What 2GB limit do you mean?

Joe

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Maybe he/she is remembering the 2GB limit in Outlook Express on WinXP?

Lounger
    Thanks
    Comcast Business is hosting our email and uses Microsoft Exchange...so this is probably a limitation imposed by Comcast. I'm not sure. But I read somewhere that I had a 2 GB limit and could increase that to 50 GB if I used Office 365 (which I don't)...and if I click on File and Account Settings, I see a progress bar telling me I have 1.95 GB of space left in my Microsoft Exchange account.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks...I'm more used to default options in things like WLM and was surprised to see the behavior...just had to uncheck that box you mentioned and it works great now.