New Lounger
    Thanks

Red face SystHeal Optimizer HELP!

Can anyone help me please?
    My anti virus had run out on my husbands little old lappy and before I could get out to purchase new, decided to download a free trial for AVG antivirus following a link from trusted site.

My internet wouldn't connect and the following (part of) error comes up (added below) which I can either continue with or close.
    Then I have this SystHeal Optimzer pop up appear whcih I cannot get rid of.

I uninstalled AVG and a couple other things I hadn't heard of which had appeared but can't find the above anywhere. I cannot get rid of it now.
    Can anyone help??
    The stupid thing is, I didn't want to buy and download an anti virus online but I was prepared to follow a free link!!
    My husband isn't happy as his laptop....

Hilary

System.Management.ManagementException: Critical error
    at System.Management.ThreadDispatch.Start()
    at System.Management.ManagementScope.Initialize()
    at System.Management.ManagementObjectSearcher.Initial ize()
    at System.Management.ManagementObjectSearcher.Get()
    at LittleSoftwareStats.Hardware.WindowsHardware..ctor () in C:\InstallShield 2010 Projects\SystHeal Optimizer\DiskCleaner\Little Disk Cleaner\LittleSoftwareStats\Hardware\WindowsHardwa re.cs:line 120
    at LittleSoftwareStats.OperatingSystem.WindowsOperati ngSystem.get_Hardware() in C:\InstallShield 2010 Projects\SystHeal Optimizer\DiskCleaner\Little Disk Cleaner\LittleSoftwareStats\OperatingSystem\Window sOperatingSystem.cs:line 72
    at LittleSoftwareStats.Watcher.Start(String appId, String appVer, Boolean enabled) in C:\InstallShield 2010 Projects\SystHeal Optimizer\DiskCleaner\Little Disk Cleaner\LittleSoftwareStats\Watcher.cs:line 81
    at Little_Disk_Cleaner.Main..ctor() in C:\InstallShield 2010 Projects\SystHeal Optimizer\DiskCleaner\Little Disk Cleaner\Main.cs:line 74
    at Complete_solution.Main.objcall() in C:\InstallShield 2010 Projects\SystHeal Optimizer\complete pc solution\Complete solution\Main.cs:line 164
    at Complete_solution.Main.Main_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\InstallShield 2010 Projects\SystHeal Optimizer\complete pc solution\Complete solution\Main.cs:line 138
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Hi Hils and welcome to the lounge.

First of all if you haven't correctly uninstalled the expired AV program then that could cause Internet connectivity or other problems when you install another on top of it.

If that applies then boot up into Safe Mode with Networking and run the appropriate one a couple of times from http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/p...a-6aebfa322f75

You haven't said if your hubby has any anti malware scanners installed such as the free version of MBAM.

Running a scan with that may get rid of SysHeal but if it's adware then AdwCleaner may prove more effective.

When you downloaded AVG were there any options to download any other programs with it.

Quite often unwanted programs such as SysHeal are bundled with the download and you have to uncheck their boxes before clicking on Next or Install, but you will need to install another AV program whether it is renewing the previously paid for one or one of the many freebies.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    thanks for reply
    Yep - did delete old eset etc first.
    As soon as I started having problems after downloading the free AVG, I went into add/remove and deleted it and another 2 programmes didn't recognise but had same date on.Only got handful of programmes on here anyway.
    Did notice after googling that SystHeal Opt is a scam - already been mentioned on here too! Will I have to do a system Restore and is that easy to do?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    The system restore is straight forward and is the easiest option.

Go Start - type system then click on Restore system files and settings from a restore point.

Click on Choose a different restore point and one should be listed for the AVG install - I tend to take the one before to be sure, but that could entail uninstalling Eset again for you.

Click on one of your choice then on Scan for affected programs - Next - and that will eventually tell you which ones will be affected - Close - then click again on the one you want - Next - then follow the prompts.
    Last edited by Sudo15; 2014-07-02 at 10:33.