iNET Interactive
    Thanks

Review: Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 tablet

BEST HARDWARE

Review: Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 tablet

By Patrick Marshall
    Microsoft's third-generation tablet is rolling out with more configurations, a larger screen, and other worthy enhancements.
    The old adage about "third time's the charm" with Microsoft products would seem to apply to its just-released Surface Pro 3.

The full text of this column is posted at windowssecrets.com/best-hardware/review-microsofts-surface-pro-3-tablet (opens in a new window/tab).

Columnists typically cannot reply to comments here, but do incorporate the best tips into future columns.

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    This article is spot on. I too bought the Surface Pro 2 in order to have a fully functional tablet to replace my desktop. In fact, I purchased the Surface 2 previously in an earlier attempt. Patrick gave his to his son and I gave my Surface 2 to my daughter. BTW, she loves it and uses in tied into her company's massive network to supplement her work. So, here I am, with a Surface Pro 2 and wanting the 3. I have a docking station with a KVM switch to my old desktop (still use some old software that I can't get transferred). I love everything about the system I have except my old eyes can't easily read email or surfing on the smaller tablet. I grab the tablet and walk out the door... come back and plug it in... Also absolutely love the Arc Touch Mouse; totally cool mouse. I can expand the display, but then when I am back to the docking station I get blasted with large print on the big screen. Regardless of all this, I am so pleased to see the review on the new Surface 3. But I know that if I buy one, the 4 will be right around the corner. Besides, I have run out of kids to give the old ones to.