Lounger
    Thanks

Troublesome Bluetooth peripheral device

The reason I use non-outlook mail is because when this problem started was when I asked tech help from my ISP,because I could receive mail,but not send in my Windows Live Mail 2011.The tech help took over my computer(with my consent of course)in the chat session and corrected the factors so that I could send mail as well as receive in Windows Live Mail.But from that time on,EVERY TIME I BOOT MY COMPUTER,IT IS BADLY DELAYED BY A BLUETOOTH DRIVER(peripheral device?)downloading(Every time!!!),and after it even wants me to restart my computer("for the download to take effect").The restart or no restart makes no difference,next booting the same repeats.It is very annoying.Can someone help please to eliminate this annoyance?Please note,I am barely better than a beginner,so I would need very detailed instructions please-if possible.
    THANK YOU!

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Is the computer a Notebook/Laptop? Bluetooth wireless more common on them than on Desktops. Bluetooth is used with several types of devices, cellphones, tablets, mice, keyboards, etc., and could be uninstalled in Control Panel, Device Manager if not needing it. There may even be a setting in the BIOS to Disable it but be aware some Wi-Fi adapters are associated with it.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi BERTON,
    Thank you so much for taking the trouble to answer me.My computer is a netbook,has Windows 7(32b)and this whole problem arose when I had a chat session with a tech and for that I had to download Go to Meeting(I believe it was).I don't know if it has anything to do with the problem.In the Computer-Hardware and Devices there is no trace of Bluetooth,but I did find it somewhere else,didn't dare to delete it.I tried so many things,unfortunately I don't remember where Bluetooth was listed in the computer.What I do now in order to avoid the re-downloading the bluetooth driver every time I open my computer is,that instead of Shut down,I use Hybernate,and this seems to work for now,but I know this is not the right solution.Please note,I never had this problem ever before this chat session.Thanks again for looking at my question!
    John

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Unfortunately I have had to repair computers that the owners had allowed remote access to, the Operating System was pretty much destroyed when they wouldn't pay the $200 to $400 demanded by the party that had accessed their machine. In all four cases the caller identified themselves as being with the Windows Support Group, never did find out who they were except not Microsoft.

If a Bluetooth device is listed in Device Manager there may also be an item in Devices and Printers. Sometimes it will show up when trying to connect from a cellphone.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Berton,Thanks for the answer.I did find at the Device Manager the following under Bluetooth Radios:BT-270 and Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator.I don't really know what to do with it.Would you suggest deleting one or the other,or all and re-downloading something?For now,I stick with "Hybernating"instead of shutting down the computer.If you would be so kind,please advise.The people that had remote access to my computer were 100% reliable,I called them and they are my ISP-s.The Bluetooth Device Driver downloading seems to be the only leftover of this(other than they successfully repaired the outgoing mail problem).Thank you again for taking the time to respond!
    John

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    If you uninstall the Bluetooth it probably will come back at the next bootup, might try just Disabling it in Device Manager if you don't use or need it.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Berton,
    I am very much obliged for your kindness in treating my problem.I now followed your advice and disabled this BT-270.I don't thing I need Bluetooth(shows how inexperienced I am),but from here on i shall close my computer as I used to(instead of Hibernating it)and will see what happens(whether the B.T.device driver is still trying to download every single time,thus delaying the boot time by minutes).In the meantime,all I can do is thank you again.I can't imagine what we would do without people like you,who are always there ready to help us,24/7 at that!!!!
    Best regards and good wishes,
    John

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    You're welcome, glad to help where possible.