Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Bronze Lounger
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Timberville, VA
    Posts
    1,438
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Prefix (Mr., Ms.) does not show in report (Access 2013)

    I have a table that stores the names of former teachers and principals of my old school. One field is "Prefix" (Mr., Ms., Miss, and so on), which gets it values from a separate tblPrefixes. tblPrefixes has just two fields: ID and Prefix. I set up the Prefix table first. When I set up the table of faculty, I used the Lookup Wizard to make the link with tblPrefixes.

    This arrangement works just as intended in the table, and it works with the query based on the faculty table. The prefix or title displays correctly in both the table and the query in datasheet view. However, the Prefix field displays the ID when I use it in a report. That is, I see the digit 1 (the PrefixID) instead of "Mr."

    I'm sure there's a quick and easy fix, but I can't see it. Anyone ... ?

    Never mind. I just figured it out for myself. I'd based the report on a table that I'd created with a make-table query. I changed the data source to the query itself, and now the Prefix field displays as it should. Sometimes it helps to write things out to see what's going on.
    Last edited by Caesar3; 2014-07-03 at 17:13. Reason: Solved my problem on my own.

  2. #2
    Gold Lounger
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Crystal Beach, FL, Florida, USA
    Posts
    3,340
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 18 Times in 18 Posts
    I'm not sure I see the advantage of having the Prefix be an ID#. Seems like a lot of extra work with little or no benefit.
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •