New Lounger
    Thanks

Security concern

I have norton secruity system, but, i have a feeling that my computer has been hacked, from a foreign ip address. my computer run's slow and it freezes up frequently. Is their a way to confirm that their is no foreign threat?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Unplug the internet. If your computer is still slow and freezes it is more likely a hardware problem.
    You should also run a full scan of your machine after booting in SAFE mode.
    A Malwarebytes scan is also recommended in SAFE mode.

cheers, Paul

Thanks
    I also recommend searching through all of your running processes. You can use Windows task manager or process explorer.

MBAM is a good tool, this one HERE is also very helpful in cleaning up adware and PUPs.
    ...But look before you leap.

What you'll be looking for is anything you don't readily recognize as legit, google all those that you don't know.
    Don't be in a hell fire hurry to disable and delete everything you suspect, take your time to look things over CAREFULLY.

Take a close look at what is in your control panel's programs list, and the actual programs folder too, against what is running
    as an active process in task manager. You should also be able to correlate what you have in your services with the programs you are running.
    Do something similar with your browser(s) add-on section.

All it takes is a bit of research and leg work and you'll get to know your system well enough
    to spot things that are amiss far more readily.
    Last edited by CLiNT; 2014-07-05 at 09:58.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Motherboard: DX58SO2*Chipset: X58 Express/Intel ICH10*BIOS: SOX5820J.86A.0888.2012.0129.2203*Processor: Intel Core i7 CPU X 990
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 580*Memory: Corsair 12 GB, 4x3@1600*PSU: Corsair HX1000*Hard drives: REVO X2 160GB*OCZ VERT X3 120GB*5 mechanical storage drives (12 TB) total.