Lounger
    Thanks

Install options Office Professional Plus 2013

I was recently offered OPP2013 through the Microsoft Home Use Program. For the money, I thought it was a no-brainer, however I'd like more information before installing.

I assume this is a full version installed on the computer, not a version you need Internet access for it to work...

When downloading, I opted for the 64-bit version, as I'm running W7x64. However the installation program advised me that I couldn't install it since I already have an older 32-bit version of Office installed.

I wondered if it would be better to 1) uninstall the old 32-bit version and install the OPP203 64-bit version, 2) uninstall the old 32-bit version and install the OPP2013 32-bit version or 3) just install the 32-bit OPP2013 over the old Office I already have.

Just as an afterthought: If I do uninstall the existing Office, I assume it will uninstall the hundreds of Office updates. Therefore, if I go back to using the old version at any point, I will have to re-install all the updates (Zzzzzzz....)

Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks

Administrator
    Thanks
    Unless you have a specific reason to run 64-bit Office such as an extremely large spreadsheet stick with the 32-bit version for now. Even now, many Office add-ins have not been updated to work with 64-bit Office.

Joe

Lounger
    Thanks
    Ok, good point, thanks.

Install over or clean install would you say...?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Office 2013 installs & runs well in a side-by-side environment. Pretty much all your settings and preferences will be migrated. It just depends on whether you feel you can make a clean break from your old version.

Joe

Lounger
    Thanks
    Ok thanks.