New Lounger
    Thanks

Problem with Pagefile.sys

I'm not sure how it happened, but Windows 7 tells me that there is no paging file. I have tried selecting "Automatically manage", "System Managed", and "Custom Size" (set to the recommended 5308 MB). I then click "Set", "OK" and then get a message asking whether I want to overwrite the existing page file. I click "Yes" and am then informed that the changes will take effect after rebooting the computer. However, nothing changes -- I still am told that there is no paging file. I am periodically getting low memory errors (4GB installed RAM), and am hoping that getting the page file problem fixed will improve performance.

Thanks for your help!

Dennis

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    See if the answer given here helps:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...9-d418a7f5cda0

Jerry

Thanks
    Check how much spaceisleft in local disk C. Because most of the time we get this error when the primary partition on which the operating system is installed gets filled then it shows low memory as there is no much space left to install further updates and new programs. Regarding page file, if the local disk c have enough is space then try to manually set the page file size. Minimum Gould be 1.5 times of the ram and 2 times the ram. If still the problem exists you can try with a flash d I've and use it as a ram. You have to click on the " ready use " option to use the flash drive as a ram. Please reply once you try with these steps and the issue exists.

Thanks
    Could you provide a screenshot of your Disk Management and the exact error message? What programs are you running when the error occurs?