Thread: Old File Menu

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Old File Menu

I recently had to "downgrade" to Office 2013 at work. Among the annoyances, instead of File, Open, you now have to do File, Open, Computer, Browse. Is there a way to switch it back to the old way or am I just stuck with this annoyance? It just seems like extra steps Microsoft is forcing on me to try to get me to use OneDrive.

Ronny
    Ronny Richardson

Thanks
    Here are some tips for making Office 2013 work like previous versions of Office. Perhaps you will find what you need here.

http://windowssecrets.com/best-softw...ture-showdown/

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I've opened documents [2] on Word 2013 and when I go to Open it shows Recent Documents above what you are seeing with those 2 documents in the right column so it probably is relying upon the MRU/Most Recently Used list. The choice may not show if the MRU is off or set to 0/zero.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Go to File > Options > Save and check the option "Don't show the Backstage when opening or saving files". Then always use the Ctrl+O shortcut, which will display the Open dialog directly. The dialog will initially show the folder that you enter in the "Default local file location" box on the same Options page.