Star Lounger
    Thanks

Checking other folders (o2000)

Maybe I'm missing something but..
    When I'm writing an email I often find I want to check info from my inbox, contacts and etc. I don't seem able to find out how to move from say, an email I'm writing to check an email in my Inbox, reference folder etc. other than by saving what I'm writing, closing it then finding the info i want and opening the draft all over again, which is a pest to put it mildly - what am I missing?
    Help, pleeeeese!!

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Checking other folders (o2000)

unless you are sending from another app (file > send mail menu) you should be able to switch between messages and folders as much as you want. i do it all the time - and often have 3 or 4 unfinished messages on my task bar.

as i mentioned first, sending from other apps will require closing the message form, such as sending a link by email from IE. But if you begin or reply to a message in outlook, you can change folders etc while the message is open.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks - I assumed this was possible, but how do you do it, what menu, tool or what lets you??
    Sorry if i seem stupid, but I just don't seem able to get to grips with this

Thanks

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

you just need to switch windows. i have the taskbar showing and never use full screen, so i either hit the taskbar button or the interface to bring it forward then browse.

if this doesn't work for you, how are you starting the message? File | New menu in outlook?
    are you using any addins that could be bringing up a window differently? (if the window is detected as an open dialog box, you must close the form to access outlook, which is why sending from IE doesn't let you access outlook with the form open)

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks a lot - how obvious a solution and how stupid can I get!!

Thanks again