New Lounger
    Thanks

Stuck in Unproductive Vista Repair Loop

After a brief power outage, my Gateway GT 5408 Desktop will not reboot. I can get to System Setup, and all its menue choices, by hitting f2 on power up.

I can also get to two other screens using f8 and f10, but each of the choices there just take me back to the repair screen.

But otherwise the computer just keeps going back to the useless Visita Repair, which freezes if I hit the cancel button.

I have no Vista disc or repair disks. Please help this problem is driving me nuts. Thanks.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    It could be that creating the Easy RE disk as in https://neosmart.net/wiki/startup-repair-infinite-loop/ could be the best option for you if you have another computer to create it on.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for your reply,
    I don't have another computer to do that.
    If I can't find another solution, then I'll try to download that disk elsewhere.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    You can create a Win 7 Repair disk on any other Win 7 machine, but finding another Vista machine could be problematic and I don't know if a Win 7 Repair disk would work on a Vista system, but not creating the relevant disks at the time does lead to these problems.

You could contact your computer vendor and ask if they would send you a Vista disk (for which there could be a charge) but it looks like you will need one to repair the MBR http://www.lancelhoff.com/how-to-fix...-broken-vista/